Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2002 12:22:10 AM EDT
I would like some advise on buying a .22 rifle for my 6yr daughter.  We went shooting last weekend and she had a blast.  But my 10/22 was too heavy (even with the flutes) and the stock was too long.  I had to hold the front of the gun.  She even took the targets home to show her mom that she got 2 bullseyes.  Made her day.  Anyhow,  I just am looking for something for a starter that is reliable, and a bolt action if fine,  actually preferred.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for a chipmunk youth rifle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 5:09:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Henry Mini Bolt.

Better sights, stainless steel and synthetic stock.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
CZ 452 Scout. Very accurate.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Just start pumping steriods into her for a Nicole Bass affect!
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto on the Henry mini-bolt.

www.henryrepeating.com/minibolt22.html
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone!!!  I checked out the Henry and it looks perfect,  and it is a great price.  I appreciate your help,  you guys are the reason I love AR15.com.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
If the Ruger is too heavy, I assume it has the bull barrel with the flutes.  How about just getting a stock barrel and stock for it?  They are pretty cheap on Ebay or someone here may have a set for sale.  Lots of guys just upgrade the stock barrel and stocks with the target bull barrel style and get rid of the stock ones.  I did the same thing and chopped the stock down to fit my kids better.....easier to do when you only paid like $20 for the stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top