Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2002 7:07:39 AM EDT
[link]www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/rifles/ar180b.htm[/link}

What's the story with these things? How much interchanges with say, a Bushmaster? What's the quality like?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but without the search option....
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:53:50 AM EDT
Who needs a search when you have members with long memories? Check out a review:
www.cruffler.com/review-January-02.html
The fire control parts (i.e. trigger, hammer), bolt and magazines are interchangeable with the AR-15. The gas system is different, but that makes it easier to clean than the AR-15.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:05:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By norman74:
www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/rifles/ar180b.htm

What's the story with these things? How much interchanges with say, a Bushmaster? What's the quality like?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but without the search option....

Do a search on Google. I did a while ago and found several very good reviews on the 180B. I got a chance to handle one a little while ago. Nice design, I just wish they had it in a 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:59:13 PM EDT
I've got a pre-ban AR180, and the gun flat rocks. The gas piston system means it stays a LOT cleaner than an AR15, and scope mounting is easy. Mine came with the original Armalite 3X that just locks to the wedge on the top of the receiver. I got a B-square mount for it and put a Reflex on, and it's fast and accurate. The only gripe I have is that I have to modify AR15 mags to fit. Easily done, but it costs money. Since this new version takes AR15 fire-control parts and mags without modification, it should be an excellent piece. Considering selling my preban M4gery and buying one of these.
Top Top