Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 6:40:05 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a PreBan Colt AR for $1100. Unfired rifle.

Is this a good deal?

Please let me know, I'm kinda excited because I think it is....

Thank you

Shawn
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I lucked out a couple weeks ago and got one for $650 though! It's good when someone needs the money quick. Seriously though, get it. You WILL regret it later if you don't.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Blue label or SP1?  OK deal but not great.  Green label, pretty good deal.  Green label with A2 sights, great deal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Blue label or SP1?  OK deal but not great.  Green label, pretty good deal.  Green label with A2 sights, great deal.

Damn Chairborne! If $1100 is just "ok" for a preban (colt at that) then I need to move!!!!
You can't get a beat-up preban out here for less than $1395!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Great deal, preban Colt lowers alone are worth $900-$1000, uppers are worth $400.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
SP1 good deal worth around 1250 Green Label great deal, Blue label no bayolug std pins no sear block good deal, later Blue Label sear blocked lower over sized pins. Walk Away any other brand would be better.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
SP1 good deal worth around 1250 Green Label great deal, Blue label no bayolug std pins no sear block good deal, later Blue Label sear blocked lower over sized pins. Walk Away any other brand would be better.

You may BELIEVE other brands are better than Colt, but you can't dispute the fact they get the most $$ at selling time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You may BELIEVE other brands are better than Colt, but you can't dispute the fact they get the most $$ at selling time.

I agree! All a colt is good for is SELLING!

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:08:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a good deal, but again, knowing what kind of Colt AR15 it is would have alot to do with that. Is it an SP1, large hole lower, does it have the A2 reinforcements on the lower? Like has been mentioned, if it's an SP1 it's not a "great" deal.

Where is it at, here in MO? Just curious. {:)}
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems to be about the going price for SP1's. If it's a blue label with the smaller take down pin in the front, it would tend to be a more "premium" item and worth the money. If it's a green label with all the A2 features and original, grab it quick:)

Rick
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#10]
"SP1 good deal worth around 1250 Green Label great deal, Blue label no bayolug std pins no sear block good deal, later Blue Label sear blocked lower over sized pins. Walk Away any other brand would be better."

How do you tell the difference between std pins and oversized pins?  Also, how do you tell if you've got a sear block or not...I know this may sound like a dumb question, but Im fairly new to the AR.  Thanks

Link Posted: 10/31/2002 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#11]
It's a terrible deal. You need to tell me where it is so I can get it and keep you uncorrupted by all this pre-ban stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top