Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/20/2002 8:12:21 PM EDT
Put a rock river arms n.m. 2 stage trigger in my Bushmaster shorty recently. While it's an improvement over the bushy's stock 30-something pound trigger, I was a little disappointed about the amount of pull it took to break stage 2. Will this trigger's stage 2 lighten up any after more use or is what I have now as light as it gets? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:34:01 PM EDT
Thats odd. Mine is VERY VERY light.

It felt the same on day one as it does now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:44:17 PM EDT
Make sure it went together properly. Is your receiver in spec?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:58:40 PM EDT
something must be wrong, mine is sweet
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:58:50 PM EDT
You might want to uninstall & check for burrs & any foreign debris, even in the hammer & trigger pin holes. Then lubricate & reinstall. You did lubricate the first time, right??

ColtShorty

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:13:25 PM EDT
DevilsAdvocate, I don't really know how to answer your question (is it in spec?). I'm fairly new to the ar 15 and don't have any gauges to do any measureing. All I can say is it's an all Bushmaster rifle so I would hope it's in spec. ColtShorty, Everything looked ok but I could have easily missed something. I did lubricate everything before installation. I guess I'll take it out and look again. I was amazed at how hard those oversized pins were to drive into the side of the lower. Any chance of the pins not fitting tight enough if I knock them out again? Thanks for the suggestions all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:15:00 AM EDT
Top Top