Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2002 6:45:29 PM EDT
I saw that Springfield is making it again.
Anybody here have one? what do you think about it?

I was looking at a regular M1A at a gun store and my biggest problem with it was that cheap plastic handguard, does the Bush rifle feel like that also?

If anybody has one, pictures would be great.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
That aint plastic boy, thats gen-u-ine G.I. Fiberglass. .  Actually, several of the aftermarket stock makers offer a wooden handguard, but they dont do as well with heat build up.  Fulton Armory makes a replacement out of more modern plastic.  I own a pre-ban full size M1A, and Ive never heard of the bush models being any more problematic than the very reliable full size gun.  Springfield is using a lot of cast non-G.I. parts these days as the supply of surplus parts is drying up.  There have been some quality concerns over those parts, but I've yet to see a part failure mentioned lately.  If you buy it, you'll love it, Im sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top