User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2002 5:33:20 PM EDT
They're running 4 episodes twice in a row, 8pm-12am, and again 12am-4am.  10/20

US Small Arms of WW2
Japanes Small Arms of WW2
Russian Small Arms up through the Cold War
German Small Arms of WW2

Worth throwing a tape in if you haven't seen them before.

edited to fix time, thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet, is that 12 AM to 4am?
and it's today, right.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
yes its today i got in on now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't sleep after that great world series game so I watched the German,U.S. and half of the Jap show.Wouldn't we all give our left nut for the original assault rifle,the German Sturmgewehr?It was also amazing what a POS almost all the JAP small weapons were.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
i watched it from 8pm-12:10am pacific time. i would watched the whole thing, but it repeated and i had to read some more of unintended consequences.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm.  Must be a gun week or something on the History Channel.

Last night, the wife found "The Guns of WWII" which included the 1911, 1919, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Thompson M1A1, Stens, etc.  Quite a good 1-hr article.  I sat on the chair, glued to the TV and cross-referencing with my copy of SGN ... pricing them out.

If I wanted ALL of them, even as replicas ... they would cost ... ouch!  Cha-ching!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved when Roger Mudd told people how much a WWII Mauser would cost nowdays. $99. Almost as if he was encouraging people to go buy a piece of history.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't see it!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I caught this series.  Pretty nice.  I LOVE the history channel.  I like how Mr. Mudd mentioned after the Allied Guns show, how there has been a resurgance of interest in the M1, and that the first John C. Garand match was shot in 1998.  I didn't know they were a recent concoction, but for a match honoring the inventor of the M1, I'd figure it wouldn't have so many damn slow fire strings!

Anyway, on the Weapons of the Germans, they barely glossed over the self loading rifles, the G41 and the G43, and in the Russian one, they glossed over the SVT40.  I love rifles, and love all of the SLRs from WWII.  If I had money, I recently found a G41, a G43 and an SVT40 on Gunbroker.  $800-1k for each, tho.  :(

Someday.... I want one of each...  :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top