Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2002 5:08:57 PM EDT
Why are those ugly semis and those junky looking revolvers so expensive? Are they good? Are you saying that Korth semi auto is more reliable than a Glock 17 and shoots better than the best race gun? And it does all this while washing your dirty socks? I think that gun is a bogus POS... Please edify me...

Doggonit
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures. We need pictures.

Details. We need details.  

mcp.cpu.lu/handguns/database/Handguns/KORTH/korth.htm
members.tripod.com/~Slippery_Jim/Revolvers/Korth_Revolver.htm

I think the revolver is good looking.
Now, I gotta go read why it costs so much!
$4700.00 ?  Wow.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Korth revolvers are ugly to American eyes, because the Europeans do not, and never did, understand revolvers.  A revolver that doesn't "look right" usually fails in the market place.  The early Dan Wesson revolvers didn't "look right" and almost went under immediately.  Only a redesign saved them.
Since the only real market for revolvers is America, it better appeal to American buyers.

The reason Korth revolvers are expensive is because they are true custom made, hand built guns.  Korth guns are not, and never were, production guns.  In their best years Korth never made more than 100 guns a year.

Korth guns are very high quality guns, but unless you can sell them here in America, you won't last.  They couldn't, and they didn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top