Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2002 6:09:21 AM EDT
Heading to the local show tomorrow, and have a question: I know you can list up to six firearm purchases on one "4473" from the same dealer, but let's say I find one firearm at "Vendor A" that I want, and find another firearm at "Vendor B" that I want too. Will each vendor have to call in a background check ? ? Will this "set off bells and whistles" with the Feds ? ? ?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:23:09 AM EDT
Unless you buy from the same dealer, you'll be getting to pay for a NICS check every time.

I've heard multiple things about multiple gun purchases since 9/11/02, basically that the ATF was paying closer attention. However, I've bought multiple guns from a single dealer on the same day a couple of times and haven't seen any ATF vans parked outside my house.

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:02:48 AM EDT
Thanks David,

Here in Ohio, we do not have to pay for the NICS check. (maybe the dealer includes it in the gun price). Anyway, had a little "windfall" and want to buy something "special" -- something that I'll keep for a long time . Thanks again !!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:16:56 AM EDT
Hey BeeBee2,
Where's the gun show this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:47:01 AM EDT
Good morning Thinman,

Show is Saturday and Sunday at the Medina County Fairgrounds. Usually a pretty good show. 9-5 on Saturday, 9-4 on Sunday. $5.00 admission. Let me know if you need directions.
Top Top