Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2002 7:07:18 PM EDT
How light is too light?

I followed the directions at snipercountry.com/RemingtonTriggers.htm

easy as can be...just messed around with it for awhile and it now has no creep or overtravel....at all!!! Just a nice clean break....but once reassembled I realized how light it was...yikes! Going to borrow a trigger pull gage from a friend tomorrow.

So how low can you go?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:24:01 PM EDT
I wouldn't go under two-two 1/2 pounds. Are you hunting with it?? Don't need an accidental discharge while hunting. Did you do the safety on and safety off tests?? How about bumping the butt??
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:52:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2002 7:53:36 PM EDT by HiCapMag]
Rifle is Sendero in 300 mag...primarily target gun, but I will chase an occassional deer with it.

When I thought I had it right, I slammed the bolt home and "click"....hummm.

I kept adjusting till this quit happening and then adjusted a bit more to be on the safe side. Then I did the bolt close/open....safety on/off thing a couple dozen times and it never tripped accidentially again.

Still, I have what I believe to be a trigger a bit on the light side. I'll weigh it tomorrow and see exactly what I have.

I'll try the butt smacking thing also, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:58:20 PM EDT
I adjusted mine also and I love it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:39:24 PM EDT
Did mine myself too I think it's around 3 1/2 -4 lbs. love it, all safety checks passed. Does yours have a very tiny amount of side to side movement? Every once in a while when i start to apply pressure to the trigger to take the shot I get a little side movement of the trigger, just a hair...not a big deal just annoying. Also what exactly does the top front screw do, it seemed like I could adjust it a half turn either way and it wouldnt do anything to the break characteristics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:23:35 PM EDT
Based on my vast experience of ....Uhhh....today, I believe the top screw controls the take-up portion of the trigger cycle. See the link above.
Top Top