Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2002 6:49:09 AM EDT
Say you pull the trigger, but the your pistol doesn't bang. For pistols with exposed hammer, you can re-cock and shoot.

How do you re-cock a Glock? I am wondering???
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#2]
textbook approach for ANY firearm that does not go BANG when you squeeze the trigger is to wait 60 seconds, with the weapon pointed downrange, in order to be 'safe' if it is a hangfire.  Then remove your magazine, open the action and eject the cartridge.  Inspect the cartridge, if there's a normal looking primer indention, I'd toss it.  If it's light or non existant, I would likely chamber it again, sans magazine and try firing it again.  If no bang then, follow the same procedure, and then discard the round.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#3]
TAP-RACK-BANG
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
TAP-RACK-BANG

Correct answer.  Even with a pistol that allows second strike, this is the best bet.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto.  And it's probably the round, because we all know Glocks don't jam or misfire!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Say you pull the trigger, but the your pistol ...

I would advise some formal training, or buy a good book, The Tactical Pistol, by Gabe Suarez is pretty basic. If you're not familiar with the "click-no bang" response, you need some training.

[:0]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top