Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2002 7:36:40 PM EDT
Please list the markings that are stamped on your lower parts(Trigger group,hammers,sear, etc..) I think it would be a huge help to have a complete list of what makers have what markings.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#1]
i too have searched for this info & basicly come up empty, what we need to do is everyone who owns an AR-15 or clone should post what markings are on the internal parts, that way we can start our own data base !! how does that sound to you ??

i have Colts & some clones that have no markings & some with marks......
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a lower parts kit that came from Model 1 Sales that is stamped "M" on the hammer
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on fellow AR lovers, All ya got to do is push your rear takedown pin and look to see what was stamped on your parts.

I just think it would be nice to have a complete list of who made what and when. Before you set out to the gun show or where ever you are going to buy AR parts. It would be a huge help to know what your buying,right?
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
No offense guys but who cares about the markings ? As long as it works.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Come on fellow AR lovers, All ya got to do is push your rear takedown pin and look to see what was stamped on your parts.

I just think it would be nice to have a complete list of who made what and when. Before you set out to the gun show or where ever you are going to buy AR parts. It would be a huge help to know what your buying,right?

I view this as an infringement of owner-gun confidentiality.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
OK. 2 rifles, both Colts bought NIB. One pre, one post. Both large pin. Replaced the internals with Colt match trigger groups. Here's how the parts are marked:

1 hammer unmarked.
1 hammer stamped with an S
1 trigger stamped with an M
1 trigger stamped with an S

I don't know which parts came from which rifle.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#7]
My Bushy parts kit that I bought at the BRC has a 'B' in a circle on the side of the hammer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushmaster factory original XM15E2S postban: Hammer marked with 'B' in circle on upper left hand side, disconnector has no markings, trigger marked on left side with 'B' in circle right behind the area where the pin goes through.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Gents,

Keep them coming!
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I only have markings on my hammer to report, as I don't want to take the whole trigger group out.

Anyway they are as follows:

Bushmaster postban: M marked on the side.

Colt preban Match H-BAR: S marked on the side.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Oly, inside, nothing. 5.56 stamped on 16" barrel, SS stamped on 11.5/5.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
here are some rifles i have looked at (not all mine)..... & i too could only see the hammers.....

4 Colts "S" on left side of hammer
2 Colts "C" in a circle + a "P" in a smaller circle
1 Colt as above but with "7" in a small circle, (posibly a "V" or "L")
1 Colt "C" in circle & "O" in smaller circle, (possibly a "C")
1 Colt no markings
1 BFI no markings
3 Bushys "B" in circle
1 Essential Arms "M"
1 Eagle Arms "EII"
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Well My new J&T Kit has a M circled on the hammer and no marking I could see on the trigger ,Could it be that they aren't Colt parts as I was told when I got them?
I was also told by DPMS that Colt doesn't sell there parts kits but I have seen them everywere listed as Colt..How can you tell? Thats what were here for right ..Looks so far that Colt are stamped with a C and Bushmaster a B..
Need more for a complete database...
Keep e'm coming..Beretta92
Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot and Worlds Largest Military Gun Show Next week here in Louisville This is SO COOL!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#14]
The Bushmaster that I may or may not own......Has a P in a circle on the hammer.

JerrY

Editied to add some humor
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Colt postban HBARII has a small "c" stamped on all the parts (...that I could see).
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#16]

"Stolen from UN OPFOR"
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for all your replies. I will be making a list and then hopefully my own website that I will be more than happy to share with all of you about AR parts and things that aren't covered elsewhere.

Keep them coming!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Euro POMCUS Cache #344
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Barrel is stamped "FNMI C MP 5.56 NATO"
Its a mystery barrel as it shoots great.  1 MOA with BH ammo.  Much less with good handloads.

Hammer is stamped "FN"

Upper is a known BM/QP

Lower is a PWA

Carrier is a remilled part so its generic (milled from an M16 before Parkerizing)

Trigger and all are JP aftermarket.

Bolt is from Fulton and is a Carpenter alloy product of highest quality but no marks.

Stocks are GI genuine.

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:02:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Just bought Bushmaster lower. Hammer left side stamped "GS", right side "M". Trigger has letter "P" on right side. Disconnector has stamped "HJ" on left side.

Receiver SN L069XXX, is that possibly pre ban receiver?

thanks,
MN
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:38:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just bought Bushmaster lower. Hammer left side stamped "GS", right side "M". Trigger has letter "P" on right side. Disconnector has stamped "HJ" on left side.

Receiver SN L069XXX, is that possibly pre ban receiver?

thanks,
MN

It's pretty close but it's a postban, sorry to bring bad news. Any Bushmaster Lower with a serial number over 'L063000' is a postban.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Postban PWA has a "M" inside a circle on the left side of the hammer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top