Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2002 1:55:47 PM EDT
So I just got my first bolt action the other day, my wife went ou tand bought one of those surplus Mosin Nagant M44's that you can get for $50 from Big 5 Sporting Goods.

Well my question is, where can I get a scope mount for this little bugger? Does anyone else have a resource for it?

Also does anyone have any experience with this firearm?? I'd like to know your opinions on the rifle.

Thanks
-Uhlek-
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's in good shape and the bore is OK, it will be a fun little rifle. Get ready for some stout recoil though!  Can't really help you on the scope mount question. My M44 is used mostly for LOUD plinking.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out www.centerfiresystems.com, I think they have stuff for that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
-UHLEK-

Advanced Technologies Gunstocks:

www.atigunstocks.com/main.html

Mosin-Nagant:

www.atigunstocks.com/nagant.html

Link Posted: 9/30/2002 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
The MN is based on Hotchkiss' first bolt gun design. Good and dependable. The Soviets used the most accurate as sniper rifles in WWII. Luck of the draw sort of thing. Loud and kicking, no doubt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The Sportsman's Guide used to sell mounts for these guns. I imagine they still do as many as there is in circulation right now.

These are pretty neat little carbines, with an action that works very smooth, especially considering what they sell for. They are the SKS of bolt guns. If you haven't fired it yet, you will need to do so in low light and with hot military ammo. What a fireball these things make! A Roman Candle don't have anything on the M44!
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah its going to kick since 7.62x54r is basicly the russians version of our 30-06
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top