IM HOPING ITS SOMETHING SMALL
EITHER WAY I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR
FROM YOU FELLAS AS IM SURE IT COULD
BE A FEW THINGS
THANKS!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:35:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2002 3:44:56 PM EDT by DaveS]
Hi guy,

Had the same problem with my first 10(T). This was before Armalite came out with the butyl rubber donut fix on the extractor spring. Dave G. told me to put two D-Fender rings @ 180 degrees opposite of each other on the spring and all was right in the world.

That particular 10(T) ejects beautiful, shiney, no-dings brass into one neat pile with the two D-Fender rings in place. Give it the Armalite black donut fix and it chokes as if it was never installed.

1) Did your bolt come with the "fix" installed on the extractor spring? if yes and your ejected brass is shiney then go with two D-Fender rings.
2) Does your fired brass look almost as good as the unfired cases or does it look like someone swiped the fired brass with an emory cloth?
If yes on the scratched brass...........your chamber wasn't polished properly if at all.

Dave S

quit yelling at me.........I didn't build your rifle.

And get some G308M or atleast some G308B from:

www.georgia-arms.com

in their Canned Heat section. Surplus is to be used after you have proven your rifle.

Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:17:23 PM EDT
i know the best way to solve your 308 eagle/armalite problem---------SPRINGFIELD ARMORY--------
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 8:55:02 PM EDT
DUDE!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR KEYBOARD!!! LOSE THE CAP LOCK!!!! STOP YELLLINNNNGGG!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:00:59 PM EDT
DUDE!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR KEYBOARD!!! LOSE THE CAP LOCK!!!! STOP YELLLINNNNGGG!!!
LISTENN IM NOT TELLING YOU IM NOT YELLING IN EVERY POST I HAVE
I TYPE IN CAPS DEAL WITH IT
GO CRY TO MOMMIE AND LEAVE US ALONE
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:03:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By canusatakdrivr:

So how do you make a point of emphasis?
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:36:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2002 2:37:47 AM EDT by gus]

LISTENN IM NOT TELLING YOU IM NOT YELLING IN EVERY POST I HAVE
GO CRY TO MOMMIE AND LEAVE US ALONE

Yep, that's a sure way to get help around here.
You might try using a little punctuation once in a while too. You do know what punctuation is, right?
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:00:24 AM EDT
YOU GUYS ARE BEING PLAIN DUMB
WHO CARES HOW I TYPE
YOU GUYS HAVE PROBLEMS
I MEAN REALLY PEOPLE WHO CARES
????????????????????????????
CONF­ORMITY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHAT A B*TCH
IM TRYING TO GET SOME HELP AND
YOU ARE CRYING LIKE BABIES ...OVER NODDA
LOL
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:10:52 AM EDT
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SHORT CYCLING, WHICH MEANS ONE OF 2 THINGS.

1. YOUR GAS SYSTEM HAS NOT CARBON SEALED YET.
2. YOUR AMMO IS NOT ENOUGH TO CYCLE THE ACTION.

EITHER WHY, TRY A DIFFERENT BRAND OF AMMO.
DISSAMMBLE AND INSPECT FOR GAS LEAKS.

KEEP US POSTED.

RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K. CUSTOM GUNSMITHING
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:13:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DaveS:
Hi guy,

Had the same problem with my first 10(T). This was before Armalite came out with the butyl rubber donut fix on the extractor spring. Dave G. told me to put two D-Fender rings @ 180 degrees opposite of each other on the spring and all was right in the world.

That particular 10(T) ejects beautiful, shiney, no-dings brass into one neat pile with the two D-Fender rings in place. Give it the Armalite black donut fix and it chokes as if it was never installed.

1) Did your bolt come with the "fix" installed on the extractor spring? if yes and your ejected brass is shiney then go with two D-Fender rings.
2) Does your fired brass look almost as good as the unfired cases or does it look like someone swiped the fired brass with an emory cloth?
If yes on the scratched brass...........your chamber wasn't polished properly if at all.

Dave S

quit yelling at me.........I didn't build your rifle.

And get some G308M or atleast some G308B from:

www.georgia-arms.com

in their Canned Heat section. Surplus is to be used after you have proven your rifle.

IF YOU JUST WANT TO CONTINUE WHINING, CRYING AND BITCHING CONTINUE AS YOU ARE.

IF YOU WANT SOME HELP START BY READING DaveS' POST AND ANSWERING SOME QUESTIONS.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 6:47:05 AM EDT

WHO CARES HOW I TYPE
YOU GUYS HAVE PROBLEMS
WHAT A B*TCH
LOL

We have problems? You are the one with the AR10 that won't run! And then, when someone tries to help, and asks you to quit yelling, you say he's crying. Did you even read the rest of his post?
If someone you don't know that well comes into your living room and starts yelling at you, how are you going to react?
Anyway, it does sound like you have a problem with your extractor or the spring. Hope you get it squared away.

Oh, and Welcome to AR15.com!
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 12:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2002 12:39:01 PM EDT by tbone]
I have heard discussions about the Radway Green itself being the problem.
It seems they use a tarry type of substance to seal the cases, and this is troubling for the AR-10 type rifles.
I did'nt see any mention of different types of ammo used, you may try other types and see if the problem still manifests itself. If it does not help then try Dave's suggestions after that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:59:10 AM EDT
YOURPROBLEMSOUNDSABOUTNORMALFORANAR10IHEARREL­IABILITYPROBLEMSARECOMMONWITHTHEMYOUSHOULDHAV­EBOUGHTAM1A
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:42:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
YOURPROBLEMSOUNDSABOUTNORMALFORANAR10IHEA­RRELIABILITYPROBLEMSARECOMMONWITHTHEMYOUSHOUL­DHAVEBOUGHTAM1A

Love your irony/sarcasm! >gg<

Personally I have yet to have the first FTF or FTE on my AR-10B. The vast majority of problems I read about are fixed by proper lubing or decent ammo.

Not to mention that an AR-10 can shoot rings around a M1A, accuracy wise.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 11:31:52 PM EDT
Did you clean up the action and lubricate it? I suggest trying the most simple solution first. Degrease the whole action and lubricate it with corrosion block lubrication.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:26:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:38:42 AM EDT
If its not pulling the empty shell out of the chamber, its just your extractor, or extractor spring.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:42:43 AM EDT

WHO CARES HOW I TYPE
YOU GUYS HAVE PROBLEMS
WHAT A B*TCH
LOL

AHHHHHHH! MY FREAKING EYES!!!!![>Q][>Q][>Q]
ALL THE LETTERS ON MY KEBOARD ARE CAPS TOO!!WTF???
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 7:31:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By crumabn:

WHO CARES HOW I TYPE
YOU GUYS HAVE PROBLEMS
WHAT A B*TCH
LOL

AHHHHHHH! MY FREAKING EYES!!!!![>Q][>Q][>Q]
ALL THE LETTERS ON MY KEBOARD ARE CAPS TOO!!WTF???

IDONOTKNOWWHATYOU'RECOMPLAININ­GABOUT-ALLHISPOSTSAREINCAPS !!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:16:49 AM EDT
If someone you don't know that well comes into your living room and starts yelling at you, how are you going to react?

LOL
THATS MY ENTIRE POINT!!!!!!!!!!!
IM NOT IN ANY LIVING ROOM AND!!!!
IM NOT YELLING

DAMN PEOPLE ARE WEIRD
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP
THOSE THAT HELPED ..NOT THOSE THAT
WHINED FOR NO DAMN REASON THEY GO
SHOOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:19:53 AM EDT
YOURPROBLEMSOUNDSABOUTNORMALFORANAR10IHEARREL­IABILITYPROBLEMSARECOMMONWITHTHEMYOUSHOULDHAV­EBOUGHTAM1A

NOW THATS FUNNY!!!
NO WAY AR10 ALL THE WAY
IT WILL WORK AND WHEN IT DOES
SIDE BY SIDE
THE M1A LOOKS LIKE CRAP NEXT TO IT
AND NEVER HAVE MUCH LIKED THEM

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:38:22 AM EDT
What are you trying to do? Get as many post as possible in the shortest time, lay off the caps.
You anti conformist or you have to be different.
GG
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:34:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15fan:
YOURPROBLEMSOUNDSABOUTNORMALFORANAR10IHEA­RRELIABILITYPROBLEMSARECOMMONWITHTHEMYOUSHOUL­DHAVEBOUGHTAM1A

Yes this about sums it up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:48:24 PM EDT
STOP! typing in all caps its hard on the eyes!

oh yeah
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 4:09:47 PM EDT
A buddy of mine brought his AR10 to Bulletfest III. He's had it for a few years but this was the first time he shot it other than a handfull of rounds when he first got it. It jamed constantly, FTE's and FTF's. One of the class 3 Mechanics suggested that the chamber might need a little polishing. In the mean time he suggested a little lube on the ammo. It worked. Maybe it just needs to be broken in.

As for the caps. The rules that apply to face to face communication don't work on a CRT. The net has a unique set of rules. One of those is that you only type in caps as a means of exclamation. It is considered rude to do otherwise. If you want to be a rebel, pick a more worthwhile cause. Do you really want to be known as "THE REBEL WITHOUT A CAP LOCK"?
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:41:38 PM EDT
Put one of those rubber O-ring thingys on your bolt extractor and quit yelling!

You are the guy with the problems, so deal with them in a quite kind of way!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 11:11:05 PM EDT
just get a new extractor and extractor spring if the bolt is NOT pulling the shell out of the chamber.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:18:05 AM EDT
I've got 3 AR-10s now (the number keeps changing because of trades and sales) and they work great. Clean and lube it well and try different ammo.

You've been given some good advice: Check the extractor spring and the little ring that's supposed to be on it.

I've had very little trouble and it was because I was using bad surplus ammo (CAVIM). I switched to another lot of CAVIM and it worked great. Go figure.

If you use surplus you have to remember that some is better than other. With all ARs you can wipe the dry dusty stuff off the cases for best function.

As for the M1A it depends on which one you buy. The ones with surplus parts from Israel were nice but they're out of those parts. In the 80s they used cast parts that left a lot to be desired. I looked at an M1A last weekend and tore it down. It had almost all new cast parts. The bolt is machined but it's not GI. Overall the work looked good but I haven't heard anything about them except for the extractor which seems to break a lot.

As for accuracy just go to Camp Perry. The M14 and M1A are almost gone, replaced by the ARs. They just aren't inherently as accurate. I still like mine though.

The best buy on a 14 is (hate to say it) a Chinese version. Look for the ones that are phosphated, with lettering on the side or behind the sight (best) Avoid the blued ones. They're quite a bit better than rumor. And GI parts can be used on them (with a bit of gunsmithing). Bores are great and accuracy as good as any. The receivers are machined from forgings and you can get the whole rifle for about $700. I've got two now and have to say theyr'e better than anything built in this country today. Too bad they're cut off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 8:28:18 AM EDT
As for the caps. The rules that apply to face to face communication don't work on a CRT. The net has a unique set of rules. One of those is that you only type in caps as a means of exclamation. It is considered rude to do otherwise. If you want to be a rebel, pick a more worthwhile cause. Do you really want to be known as "THE REBEL WITHOUT A CAP LOCK"?

IM JUST DOING WHAT I FEEL
TO BAD ALL YOU GUYS CAN DO IS WHINE
I MEAN WE ARE GROWN MEN
WHO CARES ARE YOU SO BOUND BY
THE RULES OF THE NET?????
ITS ALL THE SAME CAPS NO CAPS
WHO CARES REALLY MAKE A VALID POINT
I MEAN WHO THE F*CK CARES
I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE SO
BIG ON NO CAPS MAKES ME LAUGH LIKE CRAZY
ITS NO BIG DEAL
LOL
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 10:08:51 AM EDT

TO BAD ALL YOU GUYS CAN DO IS WHINE
I MEAN WE ARE GROWN MEN
WHO CARES ARE YOU SO BOUND BY
THE RULES OF THE NET?????
ITS ALL THE SAME CAPS NO CAPS
WHO CARES REALLY MAKE A VALID POINT
I MEAN WHO THE F*CK CARES
I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE SO
BIG ON NO CAPS MAKES ME LAUGH LIKE CRAZY
ITS NO BIG DEAL
LOL

You have been given good advice here on both the AR10 and posting etiquette.

I would suggest that if you would like to be taken seriously and have your posts given thought that you learn some netiquette and lose the caps lock.

It makes your posts very hard to read and shows a general disregard for accepted posting guidelines.

It's really not that hard to do, just reach over and tap the caps lock key and you'll be doing fine in no time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 11:25:39 AM EDT
MY WAYS WILL STAY THE SAME!
SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO PROB WITH THE CAPS
AND TO THOSE PEOPLE THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
AND THANKS FOR NOT BEING SO STUPID
ABOUT THE WHOLE CAPS THING
AS IT REALLY IS NO BIG DEAL AT ALL
AND IF LOOKING AT CAPS HURTS YOUR EYES
HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU SHOOT STRAIGHT????
I CAN READ CAPS ALL DAY AND NOT ONE BIT
OF STRAIN ON MY EYES
JUST DONT READ MY POSTS IF YOU SEE MY NAME
TAKE CARE PEOPLE AND THANKS AGAIN
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 4:02:25 PM EDT

Ah, the modernist's credo!
Top Top