Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2002 12:18:00 PM EDT
Well....how does the thing shoot?

Tony
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:26:02 PM EDT
Do a search on this board using keyword '180b' and you will see several topics along this line. Instead of everybody reposting the same responses over and over, read those previous threads.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:36:43 PM EDT
Great!
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:41:49 PM EDT
I did that. But I'll try again.

Tony
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 2:06:48 PM EDT
I picked one up at Camp Perry. I took it out a few weeks ago. I used a mix of SA ammo and PMC ammo. Considering how light it is I found it had next to zero recoil. Once zeroed I averaged 2" groups with the SA and 1" with the PMC. I did not perform the standard barrel break-in voodoo because I have never seen any evidence that it makes a statistically significant difference in performance. (Also my background in materials also leads me to belive it does not provide statistically significant results) Anyway, it is a very sound rifle and an excellent shooter. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a low cost high value rifle. I also bought the scope and mount, but have not had the opportunity to try it out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:56:31 PM EDT
I had one but sold it to my brother because the brass kept hitting my face. Other than that, the gun shot very well. We had to loosen the front sight base to straighten the cant (sp) in it, but it was a simple thing to do and Armalite puts a flier in the box to help you address the problem. I think it will be a great rifle when they add some sort of brass deflector for us lefties and chrome line the bore. LarryG, if a post is old or redundant to you why don't you just skip it and go to the next thread of interest to you. Amazing concept, huh?
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:04:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By uncleSAM:
LarryG, if a post is old or redundant to you why don't you just skip it and go to the next thread of interest to you. Amazing concept, huh?

How about a more amazing concept. I tell him how to search, he goes and looks at the older threads on the subject, and he can read the postings of those who do what you say, i.e. skipping this thread because it is redundant.

Another amazing concept. If my comment is not directed at you, why don't you skip over it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 4:01:57 AM EDT
Hey larryg, if this post is so redundant to you, why did you come back a second time? You must be a very lonely person. You know, sometimes it is just easier to ask then to do a search. Most folks don't have a problem answering the same questions. Maybe some folks are new to the net and maybe even to this site. Amazing concept. Freshhoarse, if your not a lefty the 180B is a great buy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 9:12:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2002 9:16:13 AM EDT by LARRYG]

Originally Posted By uncleSAM:
Hey larryg, if this post is so redundant to you, why did you come back a second time? You must be a very lonely person. You know, sometimes it is just easier to ask then to do a search. Most folks don't have a problem answering the same questions. Maybe some folks are new to the net and maybe even to this site. Amazing concept. Freshhoarse, if your not a lefty the 180B is a great buy.

Well, the vast majority who have posted on the previous threads have not reposted here, so fuck off with your 'lonely person' crap. You must be just as lonely, you keep responding.

Is 'amazing concept' the only repetitive, redundant phrase you know? I'll bet if he has taken my advice, he has learned a lot about the 180B, much moreso than your bullshit is teaching him.

I keep coming back to see what assinine comments you make. It's so much fun.

I have an amazing concept for you. I originally was informing him how to see a lot of posts on this subject. It was directed to him for his use so he could see what others had already posted for his edification. Why the fuck to do feel that you have to stir shit up? Maybe I'm not the 'lonely person'.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 9:22:05 AM EDT
Let's try and keep it on track fellas.

I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
Top Top