Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2002 6:46:38 PM EDT
The sale has been pending the arrival of the buyer's FFL certificate. Received the cash via paypal, and UPS'ed the rifle today.

I HATED the collapsible stock. I don't need a threaded barrel. I liked the look of the bayo lug, but never needed it. I have always preferred my wilson brake over a flash hider. (I don't want to cheat my opposition of seeing that flash of light right before the end arrives...)

SO WHY DO I FEEL LIKE A WEENIE FOR NOT OWNING A PREBAN? Ok, I can't say I own an assault rifle anymore. I own "Sporters" or "Homeland Defense Rifles" or Sport Utility Rifles".

I miss my bayo lug already...
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
thats ok many of us dont have a preban.

you can buy a post ban,and a hand gun with the proceeds.

maybe that will make you feel better!!  
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I already talked myself out of a Paraordnance p14-45 ltd.

What did I get instead? PAINTBALL stuff and BDU's!!!

Maybe I'll stick a bayo lug on my paintball gun. That will make me feel better...
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I got your WEENIE right here pal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
buy a post ban and think of the xtra money you have.

if preban doesnt mean much to you go for it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]
My Dissipator has a tit on a bull, er, uh, a bayonet lug that I cannot use...

Don't sweat it; you've got Black Rifles in different versions, so, you ain't out much.
Your reasoning was sound - you are Redeemed, my Son!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Get out of Paintball NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 years from now you will find that your $1000 firearm is worth $1000 even though its used. While your $1000 paintbal money pit will be worth MAYBE $600 and diving rapidly. I spent $900 on a paintball rig and sold it for $750 a year later and was happy to be rid of it! Guns store money, paintball consumes money. Sorry to rob your threafd but you should feel bad if you essentially traded a pre-ban (appreciating) for paintball gear (depreciating).
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bob Long Defiant and a 68 Automag that you can spend some of your cash on ;) hehehe, I would have kept the preban over paintball stuff unless you get a paintball gun that will retain it's value like a Palmer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have always preferred my wilson brake over a flash hider. (I don't want to cheat my opposition of seeing that flash of light right before the end arrives...)

Actually, the flash hider is for your benefit, not your opponent's.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#9]

It's your stuff, keep or sell as you like. I've got a couple of each.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ok, I can't say I own an assault rifle anymore. I own "Sporters" or "Homeland Defense Rifles" or Sport Utility Rifles".

Unless it was select fire, you didn't own an assault rifle in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, I can't say I own an assault rifle anymore. I own "Sporters" or "Homeland Defense Rifles" or Sport Utility Rifles".

That's Goddamn right LarryG!  Congratulations in spotting that tid bit of ignorance.  Hell, if I have time I'm gonna bake you some fricking cup cakes!

Does it really take a genius to understand he misses the "assault weapon" features?

Edited to say "assault weapon" features as per '94 Crime Bill because you'll probably be obnoxious about that too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's Goddamn right LarryG!  Congratulations in spotting that tid bit of ignorance.  Hell, if I have time I'm gonna bake you some fricking cup cakes!

Does it really take a genius to understand he misses the "assault weapon" features?

Edited to say "assault weapon" features as per '94 Crime Bill because you'll probably be obnoxious about that too.

I just don't think that we, as knowledgeable gun owners, should be using the terms that the Clintonistas succeed in applying to our Sport Utility Rifles.  And, per the true definition, a rifle is not an assault rifle unless it is select fire and uses the proper type of ammo.  I don't think we should misuse terminology in the same manner as the antis.  And anything used to attack someone is an assault weapon.  I do not recognize the terms used in the 94 Crime Bill and I don't think any of us should recognize or use them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:56:55 AM EDT
[#13]
POint made. Thank you for setting me straight on that one.

Thank you for setting me straight.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey Mugzilla,

Look on the bright side at least you're P.C. now!  I'll make you an even trade for NIB 10 round mags for all your evil hi-cap mags...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top