Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2002 11:35:25 PM EDT
Does anyone make a weaver rail scope mount for the Garand?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the B-Square mount on one of my Garands, the one with the NM barrel and op rod.  It works quite well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have the B-Square mount on one of my Garands, the one with the NM barrel and op rod.  It works quite well.

LARRYG, can you describe how the mount and scope attach to the rifle?  How is the loading of clips and the ejection of same and brass impacted?  Can the iron sights be used preferably immediately and without dismounting the scope?  Is a cheek pad needed to provide proper cheek weld to the stock?

I'm curious.

Unfortunately, you have to remove the rear sight.  It is canted off to the side and loading and ejection are no problem.  You won't need a cheekpad because it is canted to the left.

I have 3 Garands and have this setup on one of them.  I plan on being far enough away that I can switch to one of the other Garands or an AR if need be.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps I should have specified.

A scout-rifle type mount.  Perhaps replacing the top wood just forward of the reciever.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top