Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2002 9:12:19 PM EDT
If you followed my last few threads I was asking what every one's semi-auto shotgun of choice was.  Well we had a gun show and I found a new remington 1100 synthetic for $450 brand new only removed from box for display.  I took it home today.  Being in Hawaii I wipe every thing down, salt air and metal don't seam to mix.  So I was following the book, yet something was not right.  I can not take the action out of the receiver.  It says to pull the lever out, but it doesn't bulge.  The remington on line manual is no help either.  Is there a trick to this or something?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]

On an 1100, unscrew the magazine cap, pull the forearm, pull the barrel (sometimes you need to let the bolt fly home a time or to to pop it loose).
 Be sure to remove and retain the O ring. Remove the piston rings, then with the bolt in battery pull the charging handle straight out (it's held in with a detent ball and are tight when new, but will loosen up to the point of flying out during use when the gun has about 25,000 rounds thru it ;) )
Then, you push up on the loading gate and depress the ctg. stop to clear the bolt carrier on the way out.

If this is an 11-87 and not an 1100, then I have no clue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top