Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2002 3:41:31 PM EDT
I CALLED MIKE JR TODAY,,, HIS phone is not working i was waiting on a new receiver any info . thanks guys .  will
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are those receivers going for???

I had a link to their web site but lost it when one of my hard drives was corrupted.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
What guns are these and where were you buying them from?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought MKS (or maybe someone else) had tooled up to make forged receivers...

I remember there was a company but don't remember who it was, anyone know???
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, they DO make NEW BATF legal forged receivers.

Here is a link:
talk.shooters.com/room_42/259.cfm
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I just searched a bit and found out that Enterprise is making M14 type receivers too

Here is the link:
www.entreprise.com/Fal/m1a2.htm

Hmmmm..... maybe ANOTHER project (as if I don't have enough).
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#8]
mks made reweld m14;s then atf took em back said they are machine guns. now mks made or makes frogged m14 receivers. i paid for one 3 months ago now i can't get in contact with em. so iwas  thinking someone on this board my have some info. ps i had one of the rewelds very nive stuff was weld so could never go full auto . nra has a law suit pending against the atf ....... will
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Yeah, they DO make NEW BATF legal forged receivers

Not as far as BATF is concerned.  They are confiscating the new MKS forged receivers.  They were not approved and the BATF says they are machine guns.  Anyone who sent any money for the new receivers is out of luck.  The Kellys have screwed up again.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats strange that there phone doesn't work? I got 2 not one but 2 nasty  grams from Mike Kelly today for saying some unpleasent things about there business practices on Jouster.  As I waited for the delete fuction to kick in I noted that it didn't say anything about refunding my $$$ !

Anyway I have to Take my MKS welded Recvr to the ATF office tommorow to surrender it. The ATF agent also informed me that they are also probably going to confscate the new forged recvrs as well so It might be a good idea to cancel or not send  the second half of your $ if you have one on order and are still waiting ....
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

...Anyway I have to Take my MKS welded Recvr to the ATF office tommorow to surrender it. The ATF agent also informed me that they are also probably going to confscate the new forged recvrs as well so It might be a good idea to cancel or not send  the second half of your $ if you have one on order and are still waiting ....

What is it that would also make their NEW receivers illegal? Does anyone know???

I find it strange in a way because if it is illegal to make a receiver of this type then how has Springfield been able to sell M1A's???

Is there a difference between the semi-auto and full-auto receivers. I thought the parts that made the difference were in or attached to the trigger group.

I think if they are the same this could open a bigger can of worms as not only does Springfield have their M1A'a but Enterprise (see above link) has a M14 type receiver now as well.

I have also heard of other companies making them as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I found the URL
www.m-kspecialties.com/

I'm happy with My Springfield Armory.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Anyway I have to Take my MKS welded Recvr to the ATF office tommorow to surrender it. The ATF agent also informed me that they are also probably going to confscate the new forged recvrs as well so It might be a good idea to cancel or not send  the second half of your $ if you have one on order and are still waiting ....

What is it that would also make their NEW receivers illegal? Does anyone know???

I find it strange in a way because if it is illegal to make a receiver of this type then how has Springfield been able to sell M1A's???

Is there a difference between the semi-auto and full-auto receivers. I thought the parts that made the difference were in or attached to the trigger group.

I think if they are the same this could open a bigger can of worms as not only does Springfield have their M1A'a but Enterprise (see above link) has a M14 type receiver now as well.

I have also heard of other companies making them as well.

Springfield Armory and others followed the law when they started making M1A recvr's by getting " WRITTEN BATF APPROVAL ! " It turns out MKS never submitted examples of the re-weld recvr's to the tech branch for exam untill long after they had been making and selling them . As for the new forged ones theres just rumors so far no hard facts, time will tell !
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Call this number (516) 327-9061  It is the number for LRB sales, he is their main distributor for these recievers and when i went in to talk to him I realized he is just as knowledgeable as KMS about what exactly is going on
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Apparently ATF didn't like them using M14 for the name of their new recievers.  At least thats part of the reasoning I received from an ATF agent.  They have a hard on for MKS.  These administrative rules are such crap.  I can't remember was it shall or shall not be infringed in the Constitution?  

XC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top