Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2002 6:20:41 AM EDT

I am thinking of buying this pistol from a friend. Can anyone tell me anything about when these were made and what they are worth.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:25:11 AM EDT
I have one of these as well. Got it used back in the early 80's. It's a neat little gun. Unfortunately I've no idea what it's worth nor when they were made. I do hope of course that it's worth some bucks.. :)
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2003 12:50:04 AM EDT by No4MK1]
I believe what you have there is a post-war Colt Junior. Coltautos.com quotes these at around $175-250 in excellent condition.

I'll quote from the Coltautos.com FAQ

A Colt has recently come into my possession and I was wondering if you could help me determine a value. It is a .25 auto with hammer, wood handles, and holds 7 rounds in the clip. It is in mint condition and probably only shot about 4 or 5 times. It has had one owner and was purchased new about 25 years ago. If you could help me out I would appreciate it.

You have a post-war Colt Junior. There were approx. three variations of this gun made by Colt's (actually, I think the parts were made by Astra for Colt's). In excellent condition, you see them for $175 - $250 (the value will be slightly higher if complete with box and instructions.

Here is a pic of my 1919 Model 1908 .25ACP hammerless that the Junior replaced.

Cheers,
Chris

Link Posted: 9/4/2002 2:23:27 AM EDT
Obvious, but important: make sure it has the original mag. I'm 99% sure all mags for this model - the Junior - looked to be nickel plated (I can't remember if they are marked with "Colt" or the horsie). You can still find original mags out there
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 5:40:06 AM EDT
My mag is nickel plated...
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:03:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By No4MK1:

I believe what you have there is a post-war Colt Junior. Coltautos.com quotes these at around $175-250 in excellent condition.

I'll quote from the Coltautos.com FAQ

A Colt has recently come into my possession and I was wondering if you could help me determine a value. It is a .25 auto with hammer, wood handles, and holds 7 rounds in the clip. It is in mint condition and probably only shot about 4 or 5 times. It has had one owner and was purchased new about 25 years ago. If you could help me out I would appreciate it.

You have a post-war Colt Junior. There were approx. three variations of this gun made by Colt's (actually, I think the parts were made by Astra for Colt's). In excellent condition, you see them for $175 - $250 (the value will be slightly higher if complete with box and instructions.

Here is a pic of my 1919 Model 1908 .25ACP hammerless that the Junior replaced.

www.ar15.com/members/albums/No4MK1%2FM1908%2Ejpg

Cheers,
Chris

Had one just like it worth about 300.00 or so,sold it to a Vietnamise lady whom owed a liquior store(250.00) and booze.

Good guns with a really high barrel slide(doesn't cut big hands) really wish I hadn't sold it but consider the 25 cal much too tame for self defense. I think a 22lng rifle has better ballistics.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:25:06 PM EDT
These were sold by Colt in the U.S. as "Colts". They were made in Spain by Astra. Sold by Astra as the Cub. I had one, nice quality pistol. I replaced it with a Baby Browning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:43:40 PM EDT
If it's a .25 it HAS to be at least half as good as a .50 cal.

TS
Top Top