Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/1/2002 7:14:05 PM EDT
I'll be turning 21 in Feb. so I can start buying pistols again.(NY sucks.) I want to get a pistol for shooting limited class and i want to spend under or around $1000. I'm currently shooting a Taurus in Production class. Oh yeah, i want .40 cal. Any input would be appreciated.

DVC
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:11:41 PM EDT
Don't buy a Para Ordnance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:16:29 PM EDT
Glock 22s seem to be popular yet I don't know why. >gg< I shoot IDPA with my H&K USP & Browning High Power, both of which will outshoot Glocks for accuracy. Both come in 40S&W.

Never forget that the .40cal is still not as accurate as either the 9mm or the .45acp regardless of the gun used. This may change someday but it hasn't yet.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:36:32 AM EDT
Curious why you posted this question on AR15 and not on the IPSC/USPSA page? I don't know how many people over here shoot our game. Do you need to include gear in the $1000.00? Are you doing Limited or Limited 10? May affect what you want to buy. I have a Para 16/40 that I have over 8000 rounds through without any major repairs. (springs, followers, and one slide stop). I have friends that shoot Glocks in 40 and love them. Something else to consider is that there are proposed changes going to IPSC general assembly to make 9x19 the minimum cartridge case allowed in all divisions. I know several guys that are able to make major power in Open guns and stay safe with the load. Just some food for thought.
Top Top