Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2002 12:06:53 PM EDT
I think it was Dark Helmet who wanted to see this when it was done ....

I've got a problem with possums in our yard, so I had to come up with some "medicine" .... just got this back from Mike Klos at American Manufacturing.

It's a $50 junker Mossberg 142K.  I stripped and refinished the wood; Mike bead-blasted away the rust, cut the barrel back to 16.25" and threaded it 1/2 x 28, then molycoated all the metal. I put on a cheapo scope for now. Gonna swap it for a laser soon.

The key is the Gemtech Outback suppressor. All aluminum -- weighs less than 3 ounces, just 5" long. It's Hollywood quiet, even shot dry (add a half-teaspoon of water and it's like a black hole -- it sucks all the sound out of the yard). Much quieter than a BB gun when shooting CCI Green Tag; will keep 10 shots under an inch at 50 yards.

The chair is where I sit waitin' for those possums ......

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Man-o-man, I'm sporting wood!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
And here I got all excited somebody put a Gemtech on a Mossy .410.

Darn.

Arock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top