Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2002 2:45:57 PM EDT
I had sold a Like new in box Leupold 2.5x scope here on the EE Optics section. I have a business and we ship a lot of FedEx and have had little if any trouble so of course I shipped it FedEx...........but I was in a hurry and didn't fool around with the insurance. The scope was packed in all the Factory packaging plus it was in a larger box with about 2" of packing material (This is much more packing than the 6.5x20 I just bought from Premire Reticles). Imagine my surprise when I got the email from the buyer: "I wish I had a digital camera, It got stuck in somethin' REAL BIG. Sony box is toast, Leupold box is as well. There was newspaper but no peanuts, they may have fallen out. I can find some peanuts if that helps. The rear tube has pulled out of the turret housing and the occular is crossed on the threads. The windage cap is severly scraped. AMAZINGLY, You can still see through it if you bend just right."

Well I have a digital camera and you need to take a look at what FedEx can do for you!

Until I find out how to post a jpg here email me and I'll send you some digital pictures of a new Leupold scope broken into two pieces with the boxes completely smashed.

If you have to "go" FedEx, get insurance!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You are in luck, Leupold has one of the best warrenties in the world. If it is broke they will fix it, or replace it, period.  They don't care if you dropped it down the side of a mountain, or ran over it with a tank. Give em a call, they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You are in luck, Leupold has one of the best warrenties in the world. If it is broke they will fix it, or replace it, period.  They don't care if you dropped it down the side of a mountain, or ran over it with a tank. Give em a call, they will take care of you.

What he said.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If you send Leupold a bag of parts, they will give you a new scope.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#4]
and people question why I buy Leupold...

They rock the body that rocks the party.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I received a CRUSHED package today from Cabela's shipped via UPS. Luckily, it was clothing, so no damage was done. This was the first time I had package damage. They did send me the wrong size pants, so I made a quick run to the post office and returned them. And, yes, I insured them for $100.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]
This is what FedEx did to Another-Bill's Leupold scope:

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh sxxt!!!
Things like these aren't supposed to happen... but when they do, its great to hear that a Company like Leupold will stand behind their product, even if completely destroyed!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't believe that they delivered it in that condition. Didn't they think you'd notice?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow, that thing was mangled!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top