Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2002 6:49:23 AM EDT
Please let me know, because I can't stand the factory 5 rounder and Ruger doesn't make anything bigger.

Also, here in CA, I can't buy anything larger than 10 rounds.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:19:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:32:21 AM EDT
the promags over at fourfourmag worked great for my mini 14 and he ships them out fast.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:31:23 AM EDT
Yeah, I will second what Greg said. Since Pro Mag is attempting to get the contract to build Ruger's factory mags, they are probably the best quality mags you can buy. I have heard lots of good stuff said about them.

www.fourfourmag.com
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:59:11 PM EDT
A company called John Madsen? mades excellent 10 rounders. Do a search. They also used to make execellent Ruger/PMI quality 20 and 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 2:35:39 PM EDT
It's John Masen Co. and yes they do make some pretty good mags. I have a few of their pre-ban 30 rounders for a Mini-14 and they are my favorite mags for this gun. I like them even better than the PMI's......they fit better and look better. I haven't yet tried any of their 10 round mags but I have heard some mixed reviews. Seems they had a batch get out that weren't up to snuff, but maybe they have the problem now corrected. It would be worth it to give one a try and see how it functions. If they work well then you could buy more. If not, it's no big loss. But I think they have a guarantee on everything they sell, so they should stand behind their products.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 2:36:11 PM EDT

John Masen (Mason?). I have 3 30 rounders that
all work great.

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:27:38 AM EDT
Thanks guys for the "411". I just ordered a couple from fourfourmag.com. I didn't even know that place existed. I liked what I saw regarding the promag 10 rounders so I bought a couple to try out. If I like them, I'll order more.

I wish I could get 20 rounders for my mini 14 and 30 but in CA, we're stuck.

I primarily use my AR's with USGI hicaps that I stocked up on years ago. As for the mini's, I'm happy with just plain old 10 rounders.

Thanks again.
Top Top