Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2002 4:12:33 AM EDT
I got a pt-111 last year for a concealed carry piece (no pun intended). After roughly 100 rnds. when firing the weapon the magazine would unseat and cause a failure to feed. The mag release also became noticeably softer and when laying the weapon on its left side on a flat surface the mag would pop out. I sent it back to Tarus and am now waiting for a verdict. Apparently they have a lifetime guaranty and all repair work is free. Anyone else have one ?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup. Was my pistol for carry too. Shot it till it broke. Sent it to Taurus and they fixed it for free. If you carry it, dont shoot it a lot. Its not a very tough pistol. The pins holding the action to the frame are what broke. Oh and the takedown latch. Everything broke after several thousand rounds, hardly a torture test.
It sits in my safe. I carry a Glock now. YMMV
BP
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
When you get it back sell it.  Total POS.  Had one and hated it.  Get a Glock 26, a small Sig, or a small 1911 of some type.  That PT111 is just a cheap POS.  I can't emphisize that point enough.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a PT-111 for 12 hours before I bought the Glock 26.  I agree, sell it and get a Glock.

Our PT-111 was a total POS!
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If you really like that niche of a pistol look into the Mauser M2 being sold by Sig. The M2 comes in 45, 40, and 357 sig. It is really a keen design and even allows for replacement of the rails to make it as good as new after you have put thousands of rounds through it. It is also built very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top