Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2002 6:02:46 PM EDT
I know this has already been posted but.... I was wondering who has a good complete .22LR upper for my AR? That and is it worth it? I have a Colt lower if it makes any differance.

Thanks for the help.

Oh... anyone know here I could find a HiCap mag for it too? J/W

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Do a web search for "Accuracy Speaks" in AZ.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 4:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Accuracy speaks makes one...if you want to spend $650. DPMS is now making one, to the tune of $400. Quite honestly though, I've been nothing but happy with my Ceiner insert. It digests everything I put into it, and is just great. You do have to keep it VERY clean, but you should do that anyway.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
a dedicated upper...........?? why ?

i also have two Ceiner .22 LR kits, i have used them in my Colts, Eagle, E.A. & Bushie with rifling twists of 1-7, 1-9 & 1-12, bbl lengths of 16" & 20"..., for plinking they perform very well......

being as you have a Colt lower, look around for an SP-1 20" upper, they are 1-12 rifling & mine gives 12" grouping accuracy at 100 yd offhand, from the bench i can get it down to 5" groups at 100 yd.

you can find SP-1 uppers for around $100-$200
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Contact Kurt at Kurts Kustom Firearms.  You can find him in the Industry section.  I have one of his dedicated uppers and I love it.  I have almost 9,000 rounds through it in the past 10 months.  Accuracy is great.

His uppers go for about $475, sans conversion kit.  Well worth it, in my opinion.

Brad
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Get ready to wait a LONG, LONG, LONG fricken time.

I know of two 30 rd Ciener mags for sale.

$150 each.

Lemme know if you want them, and I'll give you contact info for the guy selling them.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Get ready to wait a LONG, LONG, LONG fricken time.

I know of two 30 rd Ciener mags for sale.

$150 each.

Lemme know if you want them, and I'll give you contact info for the guy selling them.

===============================================

ARE YOU SERIOUS.......???

$150.00 each.........!!!!!!!!!???????????????

a few months back i bought 2 almost new 30 rnd mags from Pathfinder for $90........

then in one of my used gun deals,(A Colt !!) the fellow threw in the Ciener kit & 4, 30 rnd mags for another $150.......

i now have two kits & 6 spare 30 rnd mags (a total of 8, 30 rnd mags)

are those 2 mags on Ebay ??
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Cactus -

No they are for sale by a FFL friend of mine.

I about coughed up a lung when he told me the price.

He said "I realize I'm price gouging, but therer ain't no more to be had."

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Eeh.. After looking at some prices and everyone's info. I decided to just get a regular .22LR

Thanks for all the info fellas.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Eeh.. After looking at some prices and everyone's info. I decided to just get a regular .22LR

Thanks for all the info fellas.

==============================================

what was your final choice ??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top