Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2002 5:47:24 PM EDT
I have a problem I just ordered my first AR on Monday and I already want more stuff for it. I don't know if this is good or bad. I'm never going to have money to do anything ever again.

My dad has an AR and I got finally got sick of only shooting it when he let me take it, so I talked him into letting me buy my own. He told me that this is the last gun I'm allowed to buy, but he says that every time I buy a gun, plus I turn 18 in a year and my buddy turns 18 sooner so we'll see about that. Besides sense the BATF doesn't consider an upper receiver a gun then nether will he
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:06:14 PM EDT
I've gotten good at spending all the money!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:23:38 PM EDT
Wait till you are old an married and dad is replaced by a wife who tells you that you can't spend anymore money on guns. You have to buy things like diapers and food. YUK!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:41:42 PM EDT
pace yourself!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:47:35 PM EDT
My philosophy is .. I'm only 20 with no major responsibilities(wife,kids,mortgage...)So now is the time for me to spend $$$ on my toys. The good part is with guns if you take good care of them you'll have them your whole life. This is how my dad sees it too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:53:15 PM EDT
It is good to see other young people {I have been 21 for years}that are so enthusiastic about ownership. But remember when buying buy the good stuff and cry once. Buy the crap and cry forever.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:03:53 PM EDT
My dad always tells me my next purchase is my last.. since then I've bought 3 more..
I've been 18 for a little under a year.. and I've only got 7 (I *think) guns.. have traded off a few etc.. I hoped to keep buying more while I'm young with not many responsibilities.. then right before I graduated high school I bought my first AR.. have been broke ever since.. all the damn magazines and ammo.. ugh!

good luck to ya.. and I hope we both end up with AT LEAST half of the guns we dream about having!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:09:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 73easting:
But remember when buying buy the good stuff and cry once. Buy the crap and cry forever.

Excellent advice!! I've found that out the hard way... had bought many *POS* crappy guns when first starting out.. sold or traded them for a loss , and now I really appreciate quality stuff when I see it..
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:29:32 PM EDT
Just do it. Don't think about it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 2:04:48 AM EDT
i'm 23, my excuse has always been "hey, i could be like ____ and spend all my money at the bars or i could buy my guns and have something to show for it". makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:02:49 AM EDT
LOL, dude, wait till you're getting married and you get busted buying a gun when your wife is working two jobs and putting every spare penny into envelopes for wedding costs.

You don't know true hell.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:03:16 AM EDT
i'm 33, i have the same problem. i love to buy candy for my AR's!

colt
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:16:23 AM EDT
I don't have any kids yet so I figure now is the time to buy all the guns I can while I stil have some money to spend. Every time I buy one, I tell the wife that it's an investment and that if I take care of them they won't really go down in value. That seems to appease her a bit. I get in a little trouble for all of the accessories I'm always buying though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:39:35 AM EDT
Top Top