Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2002 7:03:06 PM EDT
Or is this a rumor, that the mag wells were modified so that only postban low capacity mags will fit?
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Back some time ago, I posted about the same thing, in the "Magazines Forum".

While at a gun shop, we tried a pre-ban ruger mag (20rd) in a post-ban Mini14 and it wouldn't fit! This got our curiosity up, so we tried the same mag in a Series 181-XXXXX and it fit just fine.

I can't find the thread now. But, as I recall, most thought it was just a problem with the post-ban Mini we had. The mag would probably be OK in other Mini's

Jeez, all that sounds something like a DemoncRat would say. Alot of talking and no real answer!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I use preban Thermold and PMI mags in my Mini-14.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a rumor.  Several of us checked with Ruger themselves and they said that this had not happened and others tried preban mags in postban guns with no problem.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
its a rumor when you think about it making a gun use a different magazine would be a big pain in the ass, they would have to redesign the old 5 round mag as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top