Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/7/2002 11:59:32 AM EDT
does anyone sell garands to curio and relic holders, I know you can get them threw CMP but doesn't someone just have them and sell them or are most of them sold by the cmp?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:22:55 PM EDT
The M1 Garand manufactured during WWII or Korea is indeed a C&R rifle. You may order one or pick one up from any dealer who happens to have one. You may have to run a search on one of the gun auction sites to find one or check Shotgun News or Gun List. The last one I picked up from a gun show I could not buy on my C&R because the dealer did not know that M1 Garands were C&R. In fact this was one of the dealers who knows everything way more than anybody else does and he told me that there is no way in hell that a Garand is a C&R gun because you could still buy ammo for it! I just love the gun show dealers who know it all. Point being you will have to find somebody who knows what a C&R rifle is.
Good luck,
Tuco
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:23:51 PM EDT
1911greg,

Check over at www.m1garand.com/

Anthony Pucci Jr. has a good reputation, although his Garands might seem a bit pricey to some.

Just out of curiousity, is there a reason why you're not considering the CMP?

Good luck.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:42:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:28:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 3:29:43 PM EDT by Ralph]
It's over a year wait for SOME M-1's, Winchester's, IHC's, Danish var barreled versions of either, BUT, a Springfield Armory, of a H&R can be had within 90-120 days provided you have met all of the requirements........Check out their website, it'll tell you what's on the long wait list,
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:05:19 PM EDT
I guess the reason I am not thinking about the CMP is that I don't belong to a rifle club and am going to get a C&R so I want to see all the nice stuff I can get.
Top Top