Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 12:42:46 PM EDT
I am thinking about adding a Leapers 4x20 scope to my bushmaster shorty but would like to get some feed back on there performance/quality.  I currenty have an Aimpoint Comp ML2 on my rifle.  I'm not trying to replace the Comp ML2, it's great for shots 100 yards and under, I am just looking for something with a mild zoom power and a bullet drop comensator for those longer shots.  Please let me know if you've had any experience with this scope.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you don't mean Leapers? I'm unaware of a Leupold that fits your description.Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
FORGET LEAPERS.....go to "cheaper than dirt .com".......they have a TON of optics at decent prices.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The one at CTD is a Leapers!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you mean "one"?.....they have about 800 scopes in stock........
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Friends don't let friends use Leapers.

If you really want something that's quality look at a telescopic ACOG. If you're like most shooters you'll find that when you shoot with a zoom scope that you're at the highest end of the scope most of the time. You'll also find that the highest magnification that you can hand hold at quality is about 4 or 5x.

There are plenty of better scopes than the Leapers that don't cost what an ACOG does. Look at Nikon, Weaver, and Leopold for some quality scopes.

If you really need a bullet drop compensator because you suck at range estimation and can't remember the tables for the .223 look at the AMT 5 x 33mm "Professional" scope that runs about $170-$200. Many here have them and I haven't heard much bad about them - heard tell of some dead on arrival but other then that they're build like a Russian tank, have a range finder and bdc and an illuminated retical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top