Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/2/2002 9:36:26 AM EDT
I am purchasing a new barrel for my ar10 .308 I have the option of an R5 1/10 or Douglas XX Premium 1/10 blank to start with. I have two very reputable individuals I am working with. Which is the better blank and why? (cause I said so doesn't work here) I know everybody has their favorites and I am not interested in a flame war. I would really appreciate the info prior to committing to a custom barrel. Either way I don't think I can go wrong.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:59:13 AM EDT
I am going to try and make a comment, I beleive the R5 you refer to will have a polyagonal?(spelling) type rifling like the H&K sniper rifle or Glock pistols, less bullet deform when bullet travel through barrel, where the Douglas will be std cut groove-lands rifling.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:51:47 PM EDT
Douglas uses button rifling,where a "button" is pulled through the blank to rifle the barrel,no metal is removed, button rifling is considered to be more accurate than cut rifling,How this stacks up against polygonal rifling I don't know, I do know I recently had a AR rebarreled using a Stainless Douglas air-gaged 22" long,1-9 twist, At 100 yds it shoots 3/4" or less with 69,60,gr bullets,(10rnd groups) (am going to try some 53gr serrias tomorrow) at 200 so far, my best group was with 60gr hornady v-max, which measured 1 1/2" for a 10 rnd group I'm very happy with the douglas bbl, I don't think you could go wrong there, The R5, I don't know so I can't really comment on it, maybe somebody who knows will....
Top Top