Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 12:29:10 PM EDT
This was posted on the "Firing Line" :

New 1000 yd Service Rifle Record
SSG Chris "Wild Bill" Hatcher shot a 200-7x to win and set a new Interservice 1000 yard service Rifle record. The old record was 199-7x.

Since Interservice is not considered an NRA match, Hatcher's record is not an official NRA record; it is, however, to my knowledge the only 200 ever fired with a Service Rifle.

...BTW he did it with his AR15...

I tried to confirm this, but I can't find any info on the Web. Anybody hear anything about this? Pretty damn impressive, at any rate. I believe the 10 ring is 20" in diameter (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) for a 1000 yd target. This means Hatcher put twenty shots inside 20" (with aperture sights) from the prone position!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That's shootin' Baby! Now why wasn't that ever done with an M14?

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If its true, he was probably using single loaded 90gr bullets that won't fit in a magazine.

Still it would be a better performance than any 30cal service rifle has turned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top