Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2002 5:38:08 AM EDT
The other post got me thinking, and this is a good time to ask this.  

Are you willing to buy Post Ban Mags???  

c-rock
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Reason for this post, is to see what is in the mind of the common gunowner.  

Think about it, times have changed. America is not the same after 9/11.   After all, our federal government is clammoring for more power, less freedom for all.

1.Getting rid of the posse com law.
2. Patriot Act
3. Operation TIPS.

Plus, they are saying- up to 5000 Al-Quada Agents are inside the USA.  

Now, the ban is almost at the end of its life.  We did get Mr. Bush into office, but is he going to be a true gun loving american?  Does he trust the american people??

Now, I truly believe that this law is stupid, and should be disobeyed. I believe that each post-ban marked mag that is in the hands of a common citizen is one more check agaist a run-away police state.  Sure you might get popped for it, but who can obey every law that is out there??

I for one know I am breaking a law somewhere, and I dont even know I am doing it.

Also, I believe that most AK mags out there are post ban anyways.  Why not?  As long as they dont have the "mark" they are ok. You tellin me some dude in Eastern europe is going to care about some dumb federal law???

c-rock

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just did, but I should mention that I have an FFL, so it is perfectly legal for me to do so, as long as I have it.  Remember guys, it is a felony to possess them as non-LEO or active duty military or FFL.

You know I have much respect for you bee, but who is getting popped for this law?

I for one see Post ban marked mags all of the time.   Where do they come from?  Why should I limit myself to older ones?  
Why not just refinish them to not show the mark of the "federal Beast"?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
A MOST EMPHATIC NO!!!!!!

Not while there are pre-bans to be had. Not for a felony charge, not any more than I would convert a gun to F/A.

Those of you that disagree on the mags, you should just convert your AR's to full-auto. It is the same thing. We all agree these are stupid laws, but it is the law right now and there are suitable substitutes.

Flame away if you wish, but I am right and you know it.

Dave
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]

If I decide to duel with the BAT Folks, it's sure as hell going to be over something more important than buying a postban Mag !!  Only an idiot (or someone desperately poor) should break any law to save $5.00-$10.00.

Now maybe a Ma Deuce, gun off a Wart Hog, Seawolf class sub.............but a mag ?????
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:38:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If I decide to duel with the BAT Folks, it's sure as hell going to be over something more important than buying a postban Mag !!  Only an idiot (or someone desperately poor) should break any law to save $5.00-$10.00.

Now maybe a Ma Deuce, gun off a Wart Hog, Seawolf class sub.............but a mag ?????

Ditto.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a cop. I can buy them if I want them. I have been offered them many times. I don't want something I may have to turn over when I retire.
It's a little like leasing hi cap mags if you ask me. I'll just drop the coin and own them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Lucky for me, I stocked up at the right time...before the ban. If I had started out any later and had not much to lose, I may stock up on ANY magazine I see fit...but not openly advertise the fact. Who wants to be the first to be popped for such a dumb law? What if it was disregarded like the prohibition, would it go away? The ban should/could be lifted during "wartime" anyway. Phoney crime bill vs. real wartime...can you choose wisely? Only one holds water.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#10]
You know what?
I like to see what the different ages people are in saying yes and no.

What are you going to do when they say you cant have them anymore, pre or post??

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I too stocked up before the ban.  But I think we have a moral imperative to resist these immoral anti-gun rights laws in any possible way we can.  We also have a moral imperative to defend any other gun owner from being arrested, prosecuted, or in any way hassled with this.  Sorry LEO's, but in this you had just best bow out of the way and tell your higher ups you refuse to enforce these unconstitutional laws.  Why don't you show the people whose side you are really on, ours or theirs?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Whether we agree with this dumb assed law or not, it's still a law.  Also, whether or not someone chooses to ignore it or not, is a decision best kept to themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top