Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/25/2002 1:07:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 1:08:24 PM EDT by arjohnson]
I have owned quite a few bushmasters in the past five years and all of them were very nice, no problems. I recently purchased a preban M4 upper and have nothing but problems with it, mainly barrel indexing, I sent it back 4 yes 4 times to be fixed, twice just the barrel only and twice the complete upper. The first time I got it back it looked like they fixed it until I took it apart and noticed all they did was grind off half the index pin and rotate the barrel, the reason I took it apart was to send out to be refinished. So this time I sent back just the barrel and upon receiving the new one I could just see it was just like the one I sent back, crooked, so I put it on another upper and sure enough it was crooked, so off it went again. I then received another barrel which looked a little better so I waited for my upper and upon arriving I put it all togetherand it was still not properly indexed. This time I about had it and decided to try and remidy the problem myself, so I took off some of the indexing pin (which is not the right way to fix it) and put it back together. It still was not right, if you line up the gun and look down the barrel something is not right it is crooked. So I demanded a brand new upper or a refund and I just got an email staing they test fired the gun and it is within specs and they are going to send it back with the test target, they said they can't replace or refund my money because the upper was refinished, that's bullshit, if it had been right from the beginning we wouldn't be having this problem. The reason for it being closer to zero with the sight centered is because of what I did not what they did. Well for now on I am a Colt man, I have a few Colts and without question their quality exceeds bushmaster by a mile. I will also switch to RRA because I here great things about them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:48:04 PM EDT
Jeez, that's pretty bad. I wouldn't expect/accept that from any manufacturer. Espically Bushmaster after hearing them talked up so much around here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:53:09 PM EDT
You know, it seems that everyone has had at least one Bushmaster with a canted front sight post.

You'd think that they'd correct this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:59:19 PM EDT
This is what happens when any business has MORE business then they can handle! SELL SELL SELL....Who cares about customer service? We sell these as fast as we can make them! You get my point.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:12:26 PM EDT
This is what happens when any business has MORE business then they can handle! SELL SELL SELL....Who cares about customer service? We sell these as fast as we can make them! You get my point.

Exactly, they just lost a very good customer, I know things happen, but 4 times and they won't even replace, they had my upper more than I did. I think it is bad business and if you do enough bad business you will eventually go out of business.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:37:33 PM EDT
ar johnson,
How does one know if they re-indexed it the incorrect way? Could you show me a pic? I just sent my upper back to be re-indexed (whatever that means) and haven't been able to shoot it yet to see if it is ok. (I was a bit disappointed that it was returned with a scuff mark on the barrel.) What do I need to look for? Forgive me for my ignorance.

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:41:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By arjohnson:

.....they just lost a very good customer, I know things happen, but 4 times and they won't even replace, they had my upper more than I did. I think it is bad business and if you do enough bad business you will eventually go out of business.

Just makes no sense.
You've got ArmaLite, Bushmaster, Colt's, etc., etc., etc., etc., all fighting for basically the same market.
They should have simply replaced the upper. No telling what they spent on warranty repairs.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:00:32 PM EDT
Vettmann1, the only way to tell is to take the upper apart, there is a little pin that goes in a notched out part of the upper receiver, this aligns the barrel and keeps it in place, If they did it correctly you won't be able to tell and it will shoot straight with the sight centered. If they did it wrong they will grind off part of the pin and the barrel will be able to be twisted side to side, not the correct way, that's what they did with mine.

5subslr5, that is true, I guess they don't care because they sell so many guns, I guess one complaning customer like me doesn't matter. But one will lead to two then three and so on.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:09:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By arjohnson:

5subslr5, that is true, I guess they don't care because they sell so many guns, I guess one complaning customer like me doesn't matter. But one will lead to two then three and so on.

a.r.,
this info is old and from a University of South Florida study done back in the 70's. (And from memory)

Over a three year period, a happy customer will get you two sales. Over the same same three year period, an unhappy customer will cost you nine sales.

Unhappy folks talk more !!
Top Top