Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 6:16:06 PM EDT
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with a kimber ultra carry 1911 in 45acp.
Their reputation is excellent but I do not want to drop a grand on a carry gun that I have not shot.
Gun will be used for daily concealed carry.
My wife has fallen in love with it and it is the only gun she wants, it fits her hand well and also her frame. She handled many other guns and I really want to buy this one for her because she wants it. I appreciate any info good or bad anyone has to offer.
Thanx all,
Nick
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Kimber Ultra CDP 2 .....Love it! I also have a full size Kimber Stainless. Both 45's are awsome. I have shot around 2500rds in the full size and 500rds in the Ultra with no problems at all.
I have heard of some people having problems with the smaller series 2 guns( internet). The saftey is different than the series 1 guns. I don't know anybody who has had any problems with them.
Has your wife ever shot a 1911 type gun before? I too love how they feel in my hand, but shooting it may make a difference.
Hope this helps alittle!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhh thank you!!!!

All questions answered...

Anyone have a stainless ultra carry for sale???

Thank you guys!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an Ultra Carry II and I have had problems with the type II safety. The new safety was keeping the slide from going into battery. I had a failure rate of about 30% out of 500 rounds. I reworked it myself and it seems to work properly now. The reason I did it myself was that many of the other people with the same problem sent their pistols back to Kimber and were told that there was no problem.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#5]
To begin with, the only that your going to spend a grand is if you choose the Ultra CDP.
You should be able to find the plain Ultra Carry for somewhere in the $600-700 range.

My wife carries the Ultra CDP, and I own the Ultra Shadow.  Both have been very accurate, and reliable.  HTH
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my Ultra CDP.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I too own an Ultra CDP.  I like it very much.  I have had a few failures, but I haven't even shot 500 rounds through it yet, and they suggest a break-in of 500-1000 rds, so I'm not worried yet.  I also picked up some Wilson mags,.  I've read that they solve a lot of problems, but I haven't had a chance to take them out to the range yet.  Needless to say, I don't carry this gun yet, and I won't until I'm sure of the reliability.  However, I am very impressed with the quality and fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top