Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2002 4:29:23 PM EDT
I remember that there was some discussion of this topic last April.  If you remember, this attorney had a TX CHL, did nothing to provoke the maniac that attacked and tried to kill him, and all of the witnesses statements matched his, most of you thought he would be cleared.  Here is the update.

From the Houston Chronicle:

Local attorney cleared in road-rage shooting

Houston attorney David Russo was cleared by a grand jury Monday in the shooting death of a Sugar Land man who punched out a window of Russo's sport utility vehicle during a road-rage incident.
Russo, 32, shot Marcus Shane Peacock about 7 p.m. April 17 in the 2100 block of Richmond at Shepherd. Police said Peacock, 38, had cut Russo off in traffic, and both vehicles stopped.
After Peacock broke the driver's side window of the SUV, Russo fired four or five shots at him. No charges were filed against Russo.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
He was there. I wasn't. Obviously he felt he was in mortal danger. I defer to his judgement.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember the orginal post on this topic - thanks for the update.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:06:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I was glad to see that guy cleared, especially since he had a concealed handgun license, and did nothing to provoke the attack (according to witnesses).

Seeing this guy attacked, then being able to save his own life, because he was carrying a pistol, should validate the need for citizens to have concealed handgun licenses.  People should draw the conclusion from this that very bad things can happen if one doesn't have a way to protect oneself from the predators of the world.  In this day and age, its downright irresponsible for an adult NOT to have a CHL.

The press was really hard on this guy though.  Every news story or article about this incident was slanted towards the maniac who attacked him.  Its almost like the press forgot who the victim was here.  One had to look very hard, and really pay attention, to see that the attacker had a criminal record, that the attacker was almost twice the victim's size, and that ALL of the witness statements supported the victim's side of the story.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top