Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/24/2002 4:45:47 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

after reading how many folks here are impressed with their DPMS rifles I broke down & bought a DMPS M4 upper in pre-ban config with the intention of building a new M4gery. I am a Colt man when it comes to AR's and have never been one to mix & match upper's & lowers between manufacturers, but I can't seem to find a pre-ban DPMS lower.

1) Do they exist?
2) If so, are they any good?
3) If no, then what are your suggestions for a quality pre-ban lower that will closely match the dark finish of the DPMS upper?

As always, your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ISMO
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:52:29 AM EDT
1) Do they exist?

DPMS 800-578-3767
Below 10300 - Pre-Ban.
Some or all lowers are cast. Black in color. Some lowers are Stainless Steel

(Up top under Articles/Legal at the bottom from serial numbers list)

As to 2) I don't know.

And 3) - my suggestion would be to check out the equipment exchange here, as to color, others will have to say, as I only have Colt, Bushy and RRA.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:58:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:07:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ISMO:
Hey Guys,

after reading how many folks here are impressed with their DPMS rifles I broke down & bought a DMPS M4 upper in pre-ban config with the intention of building a new M4gery. I am a Colt man when it comes to AR's and have never been one to mix & match upper's & lowers between manufacturers, but I can't seem to find a pre-ban DPMS lower.

1) Do they exist?
2) If so, are they any good?
3) If no, then what are your suggestions for a quality pre-ban lower that will closely match the dark finish of the DPMS upper?

As always, your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ISMO

I have a DPMS upper on a pre-ban Olympic Arms lower. Finish matches well and the fit is excellent. Oly pre-bans are excellent rifles, IMHO. Here's a pic:

Top Top