Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 1:15:03 PM EDT
The wife and I were wasting a little time before the movie started at a local theater. I decided I would hit a couple of pawnshops and check out the firearms, as I hadn't ever stopped in them before and I hear you may find good deals there. There near the far end of the rack was an odd-looking beast. It was a Norinco MAK-90 with a 75-round drum in place. What made it so odd was that someone had installed a M-2037 flare launcher on it. Looked out of place on an AK variant. Anyway, the store clerk said that the owner hated the rifle because everyone that comes in ogles over it and has to handle it. I didn't ask the price. It was probably high, as they had a post-ban Bushmaster 20" for $950.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:47:45 PM EDT
By adding the 75rd drum ($75-$100) and a flare launcher ($150-$200) the guy will probably have found a way to get $800 for a $300 rifle. The same as those guys who put garbage optics on a rifle before they try to sell it off at a gunshow to a newbie or a sucker.

From what I've seen lately there hasn't really been any good pawn shop deals around. Between the Internet and the SGN/Gun list pawn shops that used to be the bargain shops are now just as pricey as regular gun shops. The $950 Bushmaster postban proves the point all too well.

JerrY
Top Top