Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2002 1:19:32 PM EDT
On the way back from another day of surf fishing I stopped by the local gunshop and plunked down $300 for a Saiga sporter in .223 Remington.  I also ordered a Saiga .410 shotgun for $190.

How did I do?

I expect the .223 to be as reliable and as accurate as my old Mini-14's.  I ordered the .410, well, oh heck... just because it was just cheap enough to serve as a truck gun!

I haven't owned an Ak in a while, and I guess it was just time.  

I'll take it to the range tommorrow over lunch hour.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just shot my new saiga 7.62X39 yesterday. It functioned flawlessly in the 200 or so rounds I fired through it. I was using the iron sights, and managed a best group of about 3 inches for 10 shots at 50 yards. I was using wolf 122 hp. I suspect your .223 should be more accurate though. Did you get the 16" barrel, or the 21"? I got the short barrel one. I paid 199 at a gun show last weekend, the .223 was going for 350, so IMHO you got a good deal. Anyways, the main reason i bought mine was for a truck/hog gun, and it was cheap. It was a blast to shoot yesterday. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
Happy shootin....    
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On the way back from another day of surf fishing I stopped by the local gunshop and plunked down $300 for a Saiga sporter in .223 Remington.  I also ordered a Saiga .410 shotgun for $190.

How did I do?

I expect the .223 to be as reliable and as accurate as my old Mini-14's.  I ordered the .410, well, oh heck... just because it was just cheap enough to serve as a truck gun!

I haven't owned an Ak in a while, and I guess it was just time.  

I'll take it to the range tommorrow over lunch hour.

Hows the fishing down there?  Been a while since ive been to Hatteras, about 5 years.  I remember htting on the bluefish blitzes at the beach which seemed to go on forever.  Those were the days
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top