Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/17/2002 1:19:32 PM EDT
On the way back from another day of surf fishing I stopped by the local gunshop and plunked down $300 for a Saiga sporter in .223 Remington. I also ordered a Saiga .410 shotgun for $190.

How did I do?

I expect the .223 to be as reliable and as accurate as my old Mini-14's. I ordered the .410, well, oh heck... just because it was just cheap enough to serve as a truck gun!

I haven't owned an Ak in a while, and I guess it was just time.

I'll take it to the range tommorrow over lunch hour.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:01:00 PM EDT
I just shot my new saiga 7.62X39 yesterday. It functioned flawlessly in the 200 or so rounds I fired through it. I was using the iron sights, and managed a best group of about 3 inches for 10 shots at 50 yards. I was using wolf 122 hp. I suspect your .223 should be more accurate though. Did you get the 16" barrel, or the 21"? I got the short barrel one. I paid 199 at a gun show last weekend, the .223 was going for 350, so IMHO you got a good deal. Anyways, the main reason i bought mine was for a truck/hog gun, and it was cheap. It was a blast to shoot yesterday. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
Happy shootin....
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:28:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PINGi3:
On the way back from another day of surf fishing I stopped by the local gunshop and plunked down $300 for a Saiga sporter in .223 Remington. I also ordered a Saiga .410 shotgun for $190.

How did I do?

I expect the .223 to be as reliable and as accurate as my old Mini-14's. I ordered the .410, well, oh heck... just because it was just cheap enough to serve as a truck gun!

I haven't owned an Ak in a while, and I guess it was just time.

I'll take it to the range tommorrow over lunch hour.

Hows the fishing down there? Been a while since ive been to Hatteras, about 5 years. I remember htting on the bluefish blitzes at the beach which seemed to go on forever. Those were the days
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:43:57 PM EDT
Top Top