Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2002 11:22:33 AM EDT
Well,
Remington has had my 700 PSS in 308 for 2 months now and it looks like it will be another month at least.
I bought the rifle new in box. The first time I shot it I realized it had a badly scratched chamber(the cases wouldn't extract). I sent it back to Remington, where it has been sitting for 2 months waiting for them to get some new barrels.
Just had to rant to somebody.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
valid rant, 2 months seem unacceptable, call and ask for the service manager and politely ride him until you get your gun back.
In addition what scope will you use?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I will be using a 10X Tasco Super Sniper with badger ordnace rings. Should be a good combo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, that really sucks.  In my experience the PSS is usually an excellent rifle.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I would call and demand to talk to the supervisers, superviser.. or at least whomever is the top guy in charge.

I would then demand they send me a replacement rifle out TOMORROW via over-night mail, or refund your money NOW.

2 Months is COMPLETELY and HORRIBLY unacceptable.

Call them, NOW.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be fuming after only 2 weeks...

2 months is WAY outta line...
I'd be on the phone with everyone from the janitor to the CEO, complaining about the slow service...

Remington is not a joe-bumfuck company, they should have IMMEDIATELY repaired or replaced your rifle, and sent it back the same week...

I sent 2 uppers in to Bushmaster for tight chambers, and had them back in less than 7 days...
(Still weren't fixed though)

With that said, I absolutely love my 20" 700P LTR...
Couldn't be happier...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune...
2 months really sucks...
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would call and demand to talk to the supervisers, superviser.. or at least whomever is the top guy in charge.

I would then demand they send me a replacement rifle out TOMORROW via over-night mail, or refund your money NOW.

2 Months is COMPLETELY and HORRIBLY unacceptable.

Call them, NOW.

DO THIS!

QC issues do seem to follow the P. I got lucky and mine shoots great.

Get your cash, purchase another one - what are the odds or 2 crappy ones in a row?

Otherwise  - Winchester Stealth

Good luck
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope you're not still reading this...

well, if you are, you better be on the phone!!!!!

Tell them you want a your rifle replaced or repaired within 1 week AT YOUR DOOR(ffl) (not just shipped out, but delivered) or your money.

If they dont do that, tell them you'll be talking to a lawyer..
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the advice.
I am going to call them Monday and let them know how I feel.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what I'd do.  Tell 'em you want it back within the next two days.  If not, you want all your money back, and you're replacing it with a Winchester.  Maybe also mention something about all the internet forums too .  That should get their attention.  

Did you get verbal confirmation as to who was doing the repairs?  Remington contracts out to smaller "mom and pop" type companies regularly.  Unfortunately, not only do many of them do a terrible job, but it takes forever.  If you ever send a gun to Remington for repairs, you can specify that it go to the main facility in Il (I think that's where it is).  that will usually insure the job done right and fast.
A little story about some customer service problems I've had with a different company.  When I bought my first AR (Bushy 16") I ordered a bunch of 30 round Orlite mags from a certain mail order co. with the intention of storing 'em for long term.  Well, some three years after I purchased the mags, I get a sales flyer from 'em.  I look at the AR mags to (smugly)see how much they've gone up in price yada yada.  Well, to my dismay they're flyer now had a disclaimer stating "Israeli Orlite magazines may not fit Bushmasters".  WTF, I immediately go and take'em out of storage to check.  Lo and behold they don't fit.  I call up the company and explain the shituation in full detail. Sales person on the phone actually said I was "shit out of luck" the satisfaction guarentee had expired.  I was furious so I called back to get the name of the company President.  I wrote him a long letter telling him what happened and how I was treated.  I also mentioned that the shooting community is a small one (unfortunately) and that with the advent of the internet it's tighter than ever.  He promptly sent me a letter apologizing profusely and offered to take back the mags, pay for the shipping and send me Orlites that fit properly at the cost I originally paid.  He followed up with a call.  Had the phone rep not said what he did, I probably would've counted my losses and grumbled to myself.  It's amazing what a little dose of reality from a vocal customer can do.  Also sometimes it pays to go "over the heads" of the people manning the phones.

Hope this helps,
R
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#10]

If you ever send a gun to Remington for repairs, you can specify that it go to the main facility in Il (I think that's where it is).

Remington has no facilities in Illinois. Their main firearms facilities are located in Ilion, New York (Model 710s and 597s are manufactured in Kentucky).

Incidentally, Winchester's Custom Shop for a long time was a contract house- New England Custom Guns, I believe.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Jim,
Yeah, that's what I meant.  Ilion, Il (as in Illinois) whatever
Later,

r
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top