Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/7/2002 7:10:59 PM EDT
How do I take the sliding buttstock off of the buffer tube???
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:17:04 PM EDT
It’s pretty easy, flip the rifle over (latch facing up) lift UP on the forward (portion closest to the receiver) of the stock latch and slide the stock off the back.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:22:30 PM EDT
Cool, thanks, I got it.

Ive got the old style telescoping stock, Can I just buy the new-style butt stock? just the plastic part, since I already have a CAR buffer tube.

I would expect it would be alot cheaper, anyone know where to get one??
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:24:03 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:13:40 PM EDT
Yes, you can just get the stock and slide it on. Check around, I think Pete in NH on the exchange forum has them, or you can try RRA. Cavalry Arms has just the stocks but in the older CAR style.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:12:55 PM EDT
Couldnt find them at the RRA websight, I guess Ill have to email Pete.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:11:15 AM EDT
Just a note of caution. Colt stocks have a different diameter tube than the aftermarket stocks, so if you have a Colt, you'll have to go to them for a replacement. All the aftermarket jobs I've seen seem to be the same diameter tubes however.

If you do find a source for spare pieces, please post it, along w/ the price. I've been considering a project that would use a stock piece.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:28:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shamayim:
Just a note of caution. Colt stocks have a different diameter tube than the aftermarket stocks, so if you have a Colt, you'll have to go to them for a replacement. All the aftermarket jobs I've seen seem to be the same diameter tubes however.

Ive got a bushy.

If you do find a source for spare pieces, please post it, along w/ the price. I've been considering a project that would use a stock piece.

will do, anyone else know???
Top Top