Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2002 7:10:59 PM EDT
How do I take the sliding buttstock off of the buffer tube???
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s pretty easy, flip the rifle over (latch facing up)  lift UP on the forward (portion closest to the receiver) of the stock latch and slide the stock off the back.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks, I got it.

Ive got the old style telescoping stock, Can I just buy the new-style butt stock? just the plastic part, since I already have a CAR buffer tube.

I would expect it would be alot cheaper, anyone know where to get one??
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, you can just get the stock and slide it on.  Check around, I think Pete in NH on the exchange forum has them, or you can try RRA.  Cavalry Arms has just the stocks but in the older CAR style.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Couldnt find them at the RRA websight, I guess Ill have to email Pete.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a note of caution. Colt stocks have a different diameter tube than the aftermarket stocks, so if you have a Colt, you'll have to go to them for a replacement.  All the aftermarket jobs I've seen seem to be the same diameter tubes however.

If you do find a source for spare pieces, please post it, along w/ the price.  I've been considering a project that would use a stock piece.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just a note of caution. Colt stocks have a different diameter tube than the aftermarket stocks, so if you have a Colt, you'll have to go to them for a replacement.  All the aftermarket jobs I've seen seem to be the same diameter tubes however.

Ive got a bushy.

If you do find a source for spare pieces, please post it, along w/ the price.  I've been considering a project that would use a stock piece.

will do, anyone else know???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top