Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2002 9:29:02 PM EDT
I got my semi-auto m60e3 from us ordnance and it is great. I was a little worried about buying something this exspensive but it turned out fine and is a blast to shoot. Have a happy 4Th of July.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#1]
pics ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont have anyway to post pics. Go to www.usord.com you can check it out there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the purchase. How long did it take from time of order? I see the 'retail price' is certainly up there, wondering what the dealer price is on these rigs.

Hell, anytime you have a weapon nicknamed 'hog' or 'pig' its gotta be good Have fun!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
COOL!!!!!!!!

Right out of Parris Island at 17 years old I was handed a M-60 in the 6th Marines. Everything else has been kinda downhill, gun wise.  >gg<
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Care to give anymore information?

US Ord. website doesn't have much.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
My god its beautiful. Eyes are tearing, afraid keyboard will short circuit, bye.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dont have anyway to post pics. Go to www.usord.com you can check it out there.

DAMN!!

I'm jealous!  I didn't even know these where available.  I want one.  
What are the major differences between the E3 & the standard M60 ??
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:48:09 AM EDT
[#8]
The E3 has a lighter barrel and the carry handle is on the barrel instead of the receiver.  The flash hider is also different. The bipod on the E3 is on the receiver instead of the barrel and the bipod is lighter weight.  The butstock does not flare upward on the E3 and does not have the plate that flips up over your shoulder.  The top cover on the E3 is different allowing it to be snapped closed with the bolt in the forward position.  The E3 also has a skinny handguard and forward mounted pistol grip.  The main pistol grip is also a different shape.  The operating rod on the E3 has two notches in it instead of one which allows the sear a "second chance" if it bounces out of the main notch.  This reduces the chance of the gun running away.

The E3 Enhanced is the same except the handguard extends upward higher and the pistol grip is moved closer to the rear.  The flash hider is of the duck bill configuration and the bipod is beefed up a bit.  The flip up plate in the buttstock is added back as well.

The E4 is the same as the E3 Enhanced except a picatinny rail is added to the top cover and the feed mechanism is modified to provide increased belt pull characteristics.

These are the differences that I know of in the full auto guns.  I don't have a semi, so they may be a bit different since they run off a closed bolt system.

In this picture, the gun is set-up in the E3 configuration but the E3 barrel has been removed and a standard M60 barrel installed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top