Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2002 9:38:35 PM EDT
Has anyone used Blackhawk or Springfield's eye relief cheekpads with success?  I may want to mount a Trijicon scope on the receiver but still am not sure what my options are as far as solving my eye relief & cheekweld problems.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the Blackhawk Tactical Cheek Pad #90CP01BK with great success!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the cheek combs from Fulton Armory.
www.fultonarmory.com
It's shipped with three different height pads.
I'm using one on my M1A with the ARMS scope mount base and rings. I found the Blackhawk to be too low for (my) proper cheekweld.
Good Luck!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The Blackhawk is also Height Adjustable, I also use the A.R.M.S. mounts.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the Fulton Armory in brown so it matches the wood buttstock.

For the mount, I used an ARMS 18, with a 19 on top of it. My rings are ARMS 22's low height, but I might replace them because having two sets of throw levers is downright fugly.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

For the mount, I used an ARMS 18, with a 19 on top of it. My rings are ARMS 22's low height, but I might replace them because having two sets of throw levers is downright fugly.

A.R.M.S. #18, #19A & #21 STANAG on this end....how do you like the Fulton Cheek piece?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A.R.M.S. #18, #19A & #21 STANAG on this end....how do you like the Fulton Cheek piece?

I like it. It's especially good for me since I shoot left handed and it works equally well for both left and right-handed shooters. It is a bit noisy if you use it without shaving because the surface is rough and when your beard rubs against it, the noise can be irritating. I may have to tape it. But it's well made and comes with 3 height adjustments.

BTW, how do you secure the #21s to the #19? I may go this route if the abundance of throw levers proves to be a PITA.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...snip..
BTW, how do you secure the #21s to the #19? I may go this route if the abundance of throw levers proves to be a PITA.

This is the best picture I have, it aint the best...the #21s screw right to the #19A

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#8]
GI_Brat, thanks a lot. Are there washers or do you use locktite blue or red or something like that to keep the screws in. Do you find it secure?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
GI_Brat, thanks a lot. Are there washers or do you use locktite blue or red or something like that to keep the screws in. Do you find it secure?

No washers on this end..locktite RED 271 Adhesive/Sealant..they ain't moving anywhere! I use the same mounting systen on my Varminters
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#10]
locktite RED, then... okay, sh*t, that should hold it! he he
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top