Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2002 7:33:15 AM EDT
I haven't posted here much but I need a little input from ya'll. I am thinking about selling my Remington .223 LTR and getting a 16-20" flattop upper for my LEO Bushmaster M4 (yes, I'm a cop). I want to get at least MOA or better, with proper loads of course. Who makes the best and most affordable upper to fit my needs? I will keep the M4 upper for playing with but I may swap the 4POS stock for a fixed stock with a little longer pull that will fit me better....I'm 6'2".I would like to buy a complete unit that includes the bolt/carrier also.

Anyway....can ya'll point me in the right direction???
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Instead of replacing the 4POS you may just get a Delta Stock addon... Which will give you a better fit... without having to take off the telescoping stock..  If you want sub MOA then get a 20" Barrel with Floating Handguards... YOu can do this two ways.. Go to Bushmaster and look at their complete uppers or you can by a barrel and get a floating handguard such as knights or something... HOwever, if it was me I would just call Bushmaster and get a VMATCH or Varmiter Upper. In a flattop or A3 configuration.  The A3 config will give you a detachable Carry handle with 1/2 MOA peeps, and 600 yards.... If you go with a detachable carry handle there is an article on 50/200 BEZO that is very good and is alot better then the BEZO that most go with, it was written by a Marine and tells how to set up A2 sights to get this...
If you want it for plinking then I would get the 20" barrel...

Ben
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I would discuss your requirements with the people at Quality Parts Co./Bushmaster. I have dealt with them in the past, and they take the necessary time do determine the best way to do it, and they can build/assemble your upper to your specs at no additional cost to you. It may take them awhile though. Ask 'em what their delivery time window is before you order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top