Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2002 6:21:15 PM EDT
My buddy brought over a Essential Arms lower, and for the heck of it, we decided to put my post-ban Bushy upper. It wouldn't fit!
No matter which pin you put in first the second would just barely not fit.
Does anyone have idea's?

Second question is it "legal" to have a post ban upper on a pre-ban lower.

They still make newer pre-ban uppers, that's what brings this question up.

Help a Pre-ban newbie out.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly legal to put a post upper on a pre lower.  Just keep the pre-ban upper, because the ATF says if you separate the pre-ban parts, and discard them, the pre-ban lower becomes a post-ban.  Like Majick!

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
tell your buddy to imediately put an upper on that EA before he flashes it all over town, good SP-1 uppers can be had for under $200 if you look around.......
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
tell your buddy to imediately put an upper on that EA before he flashes it all over town, good SP-1 uppers can be had for under $200 if you look around.......

Heh, he actually didn't want to bring it over, but I talked him into it.

He was embarrassed to bring it over without an upper.

Why would he want some cheap ass upper?
We were thinking Armalite, Bushy, or RRA.
Also check this out  
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=128188
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Why would he want some cheap ass upper?

There is no shame in a Colt. I personally like the ABC's...ArmaLite, Bushmaster, and Colt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top