Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2002 6:22:00 AM EDT
I installed one of these on my HK91 last weekend, and took it to the range last night. The product works exactly as advertised. While the recoil on .308 isn't a big deal, if shooting 50+ rds while in a t-shirt, it does leave a little bruising sometimes. After installing this product, there was no bruising, and the metal-on-metal KLAK is now a THUD. The gun is much more controllable on second and even third rapid followup shots, and the felt recoil is considerably reduced. It's much easier to maintain a good sight picture now.

I don't know if the AR15 buffer would be worth it, due to differences in design and recoil, but I'd recommend this product to anyone with a MBR. It's only $20, and actually did make an subtle but welcome improvement.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
A) Would this work on my G3?

B) How does this effect the potential "short stroke" cycling problem?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A) Would this work on my G3?

B) How does this effect the potential "short stroke" cycling problem?

a) I assume it would work just fine, but you would need to speak to the guys at Buffertech if your butt/stock differs from vanilla config in some way.

b) I'm not sure what you mean on that one. It didn't change my weapon's performance negatively.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]
they make one for the ARs, I just order a tactical extension, and the cool little LULA mag loader from them. Shipping is cheap, service was fast. I thought about adding a buffer to my order, maybe I should call them back, would it REALLY make much of a difference
in a AR, I can see it would in a 308
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I put a couple of them in a couple of AK's. They make a difference and are a worthy cheap add-on. Some places have them for $15 bucks.

Some AK's experienced problems with the buffers, but neither of mine. One is Hungarian ARM and the other Romanian SAR 1.

Didn't think the AR-15 would need one as it already comes with one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top