Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/28/2002 6:22:00 AM EDT
I installed one of these on my HK91 last weekend, and took it to the range last night. The product works exactly as advertised. While the recoil on .308 isn't a big deal, if shooting 50+ rds while in a t-shirt, it does leave a little bruising sometimes. After installing this product, there was no bruising, and the metal-on-metal KLAK is now a THUD. The gun is much more controllable on second and even third rapid followup shots, and the felt recoil is considerably reduced. It's much easier to maintain a good sight picture now.

I don't know if the AR15 buffer would be worth it, due to differences in design and recoil, but I'd recommend this product to anyone with a MBR. It's only $20, and actually did make an subtle but welcome improvement.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:45:33 AM EDT
A) Would this work on my G3?

B) How does this effect the potential "short stroke" cycling problem?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:11:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
A) Would this work on my G3?

B) How does this effect the potential "short stroke" cycling problem?

a) I assume it would work just fine, but you would need to speak to the guys at Buffertech if your butt/stock differs from vanilla config in some way.

b) I'm not sure what you mean on that one. It didn't change my weapon's performance negatively.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:19:28 AM EDT
they make one for the ARs, I just order a tactical extension, and the cool little LULA mag loader from them. Shipping is cheap, service was fast. I thought about adding a buffer to my order, maybe I should call them back, would it REALLY make much of a difference
in a AR, I can see it would in a 308
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:40:03 PM EDT
I put a couple of them in a couple of AK's. They make a difference and are a worthy cheap add-on. Some places have them for $15 bucks.

Some AK's experienced problems with the buffers, but neither of mine. One is Hungarian ARM and the other Romanian SAR 1.

Didn't think the AR-15 would need one as it already comes with one.
Top Top