Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 3:35:27 AM EDT
Does armalite produce a m4 carbine with 14.5" barre, and a 5.56 chamber ?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#1]
www.armalite.com   ...??????.....
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No one produces a preban carbine of any kind anymore except for LE and military. Prior to '94 they may have.

However, you can order a chrome lined barrel for a preban carbine. I just did. You can get the one with the 4.33 flash hider or one with the A2 flash hider. Same price. They have a limited few available right now. You might be able to order a complete upper with one of the two barrels mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one produces a preban carbine of any kind anymore except for LE and military. Prior to '94 they may have.

I always forget to except LE only, military and export.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Or you can skip Armalite and buy this:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2x14m4my.asp

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The problem is :i'am lookink for a m4 style carbine with a chrome lined barrel ; and where i live (in europe) it appear that only DPMS and armalite are available !
DPMS don't have chrome lined barrel, so i'am looking for armalite.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not think ArmaLite currently produces an M4-type stepped barrel in either it's retail or law enforcement catalogs.  (it they did, I'd have bought one by now)

Your only recourse would be to buy the upper and have the barrel turned down to the profile you desire.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The problem is :i'am lookink for a m4 style carbine with a chrome lined barrel ; and where i live (in europe) it appear that only DPMS and armalite are available !
DPMS don't have chrome lined barrel, so i'am looking for armalite.

I didn't notice you were in France earlier.  You should be able to order one for export.  I may be wrong, but I didn't think you could own an evil black rifle in France.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#9]
If you must, the closest you could come to it with Armalite is to get their carbine. While the upper is somewhat different from what you are looking for it is still a 16" (about). You could then swap out the stock with one of the fixed pseudo-telescopic types.

I don't know how this would look but it would be an Armalite M4 type(sorta).
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I may be wrong, but I didn't think you could own an evil black rifle in France.

Yes you can have the semi-auto version, with a permit delivered by your local police headquarter.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you must, the closest you could come to it with Armalite is to get their carbine. While the upper is somewhat different from what you are looking for it is still a 16" (about). You could then swap out the stock with one of the fixed pseudo-telescopic types.

I don't know how this would look but it would be an Armalite M4 type(sorta).

ArmaLite still makes the standard preban style carbine with the standard handguard length for LE and some military and some export.  They also make their particular carbine with the different look for the aforementioned sales as well as postban config for the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top