Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2002 10:23:45 PM EDT
For the heck of it, I was going over the list of banned firearms in CT (and gritting my teeth while doing so).

Specifically banned are the Bushmaster "Autorifle" and "Autopistol."  I know that these exist, but I've never seen them. What are they?

Another one mentioned is the "Wilkinson 'Linda' Pistol."  Now the heck is THAT?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess that the Autorifle is just the full auto versions that they sell to LEO's and the military.

As for the Autopistol, I think that this is what they are talking about. It used to be featured in their logo.

www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1400/1409.htm
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The autorifle is not an AR15, but an assault rifle that they made before getting into the AR15s.   I don't have a picture, but at least one member here has one.  I believe it had wood furniture painted black, I can't remember much else - sorry.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The autorifle is not an AR15, but an assault rifle that they made before getting into the AR15s.   I don't have a picture, but at least one member here has one.  I believe it had wood furniture painted black, I can't remember much else - sorry.

I have one of those older Bushmasters. The receiver is marked Bushmaster Assault Rifle. It does indeed have wood furniture painted black. They also were available with a folding stock.They also made a "pistol" which shared the same basic design as the rifle. It looked like a short bull-pup style rifle.
I think "autorifle" & "autopistol" may just be a result of ignorance on the part of lawmakers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top