Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 5:37:31 PM EDT
A local class 3 dealer has a MAC-10 9mm that he is wanting to sell, I would like to break the ice and get my first class 3 but don't know what kind of price to pay- I won't mention what he is asking until I get some opinions on here as to how much it is worth.  Here's a description of the gun:

Pretty well used, definately shot a lot. Finish is not all that great but not as bad as it could be.  can buy it this way or the dealer has offered to put in a new barrell and re-finish the gun for an additional price.  

What would you pay, both in original worn condition and after a new barrell has been installed and the finish re-done?

Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Who makes it?  It matters.

NIB mac-10's go for anywhere from $900-1400 right now.

If you can swing a few more bucks, consider a vector uzi - for under $3,000 with tax, it's a far superior gun.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is an Uzi a far superior gun?  It weighs and costs 3X as much and is twice the size.  The only thing it has going for it is a slower ROF (a factor to some, personally I like 1k/min).  Most Macs, even the Cobrays work just fine.. just use good mags.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
If anyone in Texas is interested, I have a friend trying to unload his.  It comes with several clips, a red-dot, spare barrel / parts / buffers, ect.  This gun is NOT well used and in fact has only been shot once in the past 5-7 years that I have known him.

His price? $1000 out the door for the whole package.  You pay the tax of coarse, but if you're in Texas, no need to go through a Class 3 dealer.

If I didn't have so many irons in the fire, I'd buy it myself.

Saleen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top