Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/22/2002 9:47:01 PM EDT
I've seen many people talk and post pics with attachments. If you could have one or none at all?
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:24:38 PM EDT
Iron sights without a doubt. Of the three choices, they are the least likely to fail at a critical moment.

Flashlights? As a sighting device? That's a new one to me.

I've never been a big fan of laser aiming devices. They seem like a gimmick to me, and I don't really see any advantage they'd have over iron sights.

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2002 10:35:20 PM EDT by new-arguy]
I love sites and lights as much as anyone, really. But c'mon, if you can only have one, you NEED irons!

Wow! Edited to add nice signature spade! "Bas no an bua!"
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:38:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Wow! Edited to add nice signature spade! "Bas no an bua!"

Thanks. Sadly, if that's gaelic there, I haven't progressed far enough in my studies to know what it says.

Shooting without ear protection has been as fun as teaching myself gaelic, until I get to use what little I know on women.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:40:14 PM EDT
One of these is not like the other...

A flashlight is a visibility device that compliments your irons or laser, not a sigthing device.

I'll take irons and a good combat light over a laser any day.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:44:11 PM EDT
Flashlights cant be used as an Aiming device??? Tell that to the SAS, I personally know someone who shot a woman using an MP5 with a flashlight from the Mid-Ready position. She was driving a Van and trying to run him over.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:45:02 PM EDT
I haven't heard of much interest with laser sights on this site or others. I personally wouldn't have a use for one, a red dot would be just as good.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2002 10:57:46 PM EDT by GodBlessTexas]

Originally Posted By TheFNG:
Flashlights cant be used as an Aiming device??? Tell that to the SAS, I personally know someone who shot a woman using an MP5 with a flashlight from the Mid-Ready position. She was driving a Van and trying to run him over.

With a single shot and he didn't use his irons at all?

I don't know about you, but if I want the bullet to go where I want it I use my sights. I'm of the opinion that a light's function is an aid for target aquisition and nothing more. Then again, if a member of the SAS or American equivalent lets off a flyer that hits an innocent bystander I bet he doesn't get crucified like us lowly citizens would.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:54:56 AM EDT
You didn't list the most useful option: red dot sights.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:34:02 AM EDT
Since I had to vote with what you put in the poll, I chose Iron.

The natural way of shooting.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:02:31 PM EDT
Irons, if it's an peep sight.

I prefer red dots over buckhorn sights.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:46:01 PM EDT
Of the three options... Irons, no question.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:14:12 PM EDT
Irons, but I really have fallen in love with that H&K combined Tactical Light/Laser.

Maybe I will buy it for Christmas,
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:46:16 PM EDT
The only good use for a laser sight is it's intimidation factor. When a bad guy sees a red dot on his chest, he immediately becomes aware of the danger he's in.

Other than that, they are USELESS. They can only be seen in low light. Also, shooters tend to focus on the laser dot instead of the target. The end result is that they are slower than iron sights.

Attached flashlights ARE useful for their aid in target identification and acquisition. They are also good to blind a bad guy in low light darkness.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:50:04 PM EDT
i am going to leave my 20" bushy just as it came. but i am going to deck my M4 out when i get it in november. (M4 Pre-Ban, w/ flash hider, bayo lug (i will have a bayo too) tele stock, flashlight and laser. it will either be red (mostlikly) or green ($500.00 ya riiight like i'm gonna pay that.) oh ya and a sweet scope attached to teh carry handle!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:53:23 PM EDT
How about night sites - good for ten plus years or so.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:53:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By blackmanta:
The only good use for a laser sight is it's intimidation factor. When a bad guy sees a red dot on his chest, he immediately becomes aware of the danger he's in.

thats why i want a laser for my M4 :P i can just see the guys face now when he relizes he isnt picking on some dumb ass 18yr old punk but instead a highly trained 18yr old assasin punk with a M4 w/ laser pointed to his head. then he see's the refection of the bayonett as i stick it on the end. then the click of the safty coming off. hehehehe i can see it now!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:55:01 PM EDT
Bayonet!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:55:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:

this is the one i want to get for my 20" and my soon to have M4 www.active-night-vision.com/mk-258-night-vision-scope.htm
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:57:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By QBit:
Bayonet!

yeah...a silver one so he can see it coming out of the sheath and being attached to the bayo lug!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:00:08 PM EDT
oh ya and my m4 will have this too! www.slingsystem.com/products/e-z_sling.htm anysuggestions on good slings like this one?!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:40:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC:

Originally Posted By Paul:

this is the one i want to get for my 20" and my soon to have M4 www.active-night-vision.com/mk-258-night-vision-scope.htm

Can't speak for Paul, but I think that he was referring to self-luminous tritium-type sights.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:44:56 PM EDT
oh....well....what do u think of my M4 configuration ?
Top Top