Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2002 2:25:05 PM EDT
are you absolutely shure about that ???

several weeks ago someone said a NIB Colt Carbine was was worth $20,000........

how interesting....! i just bought one for $2,800 the S/N is CC0014xx

shure wish i cud post a photo...., DARN...
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL,

Good find CJ, you MUST have money falling out of your azz  HAHA

I hope you let me touch it,  I will be gentle.

Biggame223

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
20k.... It may be a machine gun you know. Or Maybe it has a Gold lined barrel instead of that cheap ass chrome.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Evidently a NIB CC is worth $2,800 at the moment.

You have obtained the Holy Grail of Colts!!!!!!!

Biggame223

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
biggame,

thank you for posting that for me

i just about fell out of my chair when my  search turned this gem up, & we were just talking yestdy about getting one & the chances are slim to nil...

when i showed my wife the info on that rifle i swear she about had an orgasm.., i did !!

yes...! i will most deffinitely let you touch it, money coming out my AZZ ?? naahhhhh, just more money than brains..., my EX says thats true even if i only had 2 cents to my name

Holy Grail... i kinda lyke that !

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did you obtain that Gem CactusJack?
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
i've got a Government cabine with a serial # less than 500 for sale in the equip exchange for 2750 with almost a grands worth of accessories with it.......Dick
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a beauty Jack.  Your collection is growing very fast.

Congrats on the purchase.

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
biggame,

the first installment to my inheritance is almost gone, the final payment comes in sometyme in July, it is a tribute to my father, he hated guns !! i figger the half i got was from Mom anyway.., she helped me buy my first handgun, got it when i was 16, a H&R 9 shot revolver.....

LotBoy,

Gunbroker.com

dickwholliday..,

i'll look for it, that just might fit in my collection also......

FirearmTom1,

you got that right ol pal, i have been on the search for collectible NIB Colts since the first of the year, i got my first pre-ban Colt, one hell of a nice shooter, the big problem i got now is my darlin wife says, "...any NIB Colts that come in this house will stay that way, because those kind belong to me...!"

maybe biggame will have to shoot it for me, so i can tell her it is LNIB...., thynk that'll work...?

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]

On second that I do not want her to get after me for doing that....  [8^)

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:39:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I WANNA SEE! I WANNA SEE!
all i got to see were the red x's dang it!

colt
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Colt,

the photos are there now, i have no idea why you can not se them.....

biggame,

what do you suppose those two items are on the far left side of the first photo ? the lyttle red thyngy looks lyke an "Accuwedge", the other, just below it & next to the cleaning rod is beyond me, a different style sling ??????

i can't wait to get this puppy in my greedy lyttle hands, how can i make that top photo my desk top ??

does anyone know where Stokes put his info on the Colts......??
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Jack, YOU .....LUCKY .....DOG .......
that is one sweet Carbine. I envy you Sir.
and to think i was hot sh*t when i got a 1972 SP1 two weeks ago in mint shape.......
well, i still love my sp1, but that carbine in my safe would make me a very happy man.....
colt
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Colt,

thank you ! i'll bet too you wud be very happy

but guess what ? i found a SP-1 NIB for $1,500, mfgd. about 1969-70...., & i am getting that greedy feeling once more

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Lightning struck twice in the same place!

Why can't I be this lucky?  Where are the pics??????
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#15]
why is it that some folks can not see the photos ?? i see them everytyme i click on this topic......, indeed, lightning does stryke twice, in the same place !!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#16]
jack,
you should buy the SP1. i love those rifles! i'm so proud of mine. if someone offered me $1500 for it, i think i would laugh. you should get it.
colt
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#17]
So, are you going to shoot it or is it going to be a safe queen?  
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Colt,
i'm going to....! infact i am going to buy that VN Commorative just as soon as i get more info.....

Glock31,
that depends on my dear loving wife who has confiscated my other Colt NIB, she says any NIB rifle comes in this house is HERS....!!! so i am trying to find a friend who has big brass ones who will fire a few mags thru it, then tell her it's used........
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank's CactusJack.

I don't know if anyone has asked, what's the model # on the Colt?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#20]
CJ,

I will sacrifice myself if it will allow you to shoot the Colt!!!!!.  

Biggame223

Out

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:20:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Thank's CactusJack.

I don't know if anyone has asked, what's the model # on the Colt?

which Colt are you refering to ? the one in the photo ? if so it is ALLEGEDLY it is a 6520......, but who knows for shure ??????
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

C. Jack,
the Colts' Model 6520 NIB would run roughly $2500 NIB.  (Introduced in 1988 and has a shell deflector.)  I know of no other Colts' carbine that even approaches $2000 ???  The Model 6420 would be considerably less than the 6520.

Now there is one Colts' 'rifle' - the AR-15 (XM16E1)- that will command a premium price but I don't know that even this rifle would be any where near $20K.  Anything that I'm aware of that would bring anything like $20,000 would be a very early ArmaLite or ArmaLite/Colts' AR-15 and would be a select-fire weapon.

Maybe I'm just confused here.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#23]
That is a beauty of a weapon. Good luck keeping it NIB. It would be impossible for me to keep such a fine example of an AR15 NIB, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#24]
   Well what is one worth? 2500.00& up?
Stokes says that only about 300 made it in the civilian market. That should push the price up just because of rarety, but not 20,000.00.
So how much are they IF you found one?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Stokes says that only about 300 made it in the civilian market. That should push the price up just because of rarity, but not 20,000.00.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the 6420, the 6520 or the______________??

I don't know 'Stokes' but he's mentioned very favorably.  Probably wouldn't hurt to get his opinion here - after a determination is made as to which model.
----------------------------------------------

Cactus J., none of this crap matters except as an exercise in mental masturbation.  You got yourself one fine rifle and that's what's important.  A couple of dollars doesn't matter to you or you wouldn't have bought the gun.  (Never mattered much to me either when I was an active collector.)
Shoot the schit out of it if you choose.  LNIB weapons bring close to the same as NIB.  (Hard-core collectors and really rare collector firearms excepted.)
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#26]
guys'n gals...,

there are several Colt topics going right now, so follow them all for an education..., what i mean is that i have spent the last 5 days on the phone wyth Colt, two premier Colt collectors & many owners of Colt AR-15s, in fact i have invited them to visit us @ AR15.com

FIRST off, i was joking to the extreme on the $20,000 thyngy, i had no idea any one wud take me seriously, it was someones $13,000 remarke that i expanded from......

but seriously !
LotBoy,
the photos you see here are of a Model 6520 THE ONLY Colt AR-15 A2 Carbines made, later models of the 6520 were marked "Gov't Carbine", there is no such thyng as a 6420 carbine...!! unless someone made one up & that still only makes it worth common pre-ban prices.., in fact putting a 6420 upper on a 6520 lower only reduces it's value.., THE one i am getting IS one of the rarest of Colt Carbines, others i have talked to, can not belive i got it that cheap !!

one other interesting fact, this model was originally slated for export, the last shipment never made it....!! i got one of those remaining behind, that is the model that only 300 or less survived & are in American hands !!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C. Jack,
the Colts' Model 6520 NIB would run roughly $2500 NIB.  (Introduced in 1988 and has a shell deflector.)  I know of no other Colts' carbine that even approaches $2000 ???  The Model 6420 would be considerably less than the 6520.

Now there is one Colts' 'rifle' - the AR-15 (XM16E1)- that will command a premium price but I don't know that even this rifle would be any where near $20K.  Anything that I'm aware of that would bring anything like $20,000 would be a very early ArmaLite or ArmaLite/Colts' AR-15 and would be a select-fire weapon.

Maybe I'm just confused here.

==============================================
please do not be confused, it's real simple, i just exagerated someone elses ridulous "$13,000" figger, you are right the 6520 is by far more valuable than a 6420, in fact there is no such thyng as a 6420 carbine, they ALL read:
"COLT
AR-15 A2
CAL. .223
SPORTER II
SER. SP 3xxxxx"

=============================================
oneshot1kill,
it will not be too hard taking it shooting now..........., duhhhhhhh.., whaddya meen by "now" cak....? simple !! i just bought the wife two VN comms one Bushmaster this morning & a Colt this afternoon !!!

============================================
FRO,
to be honest wyth you my friend, a NIB Colt will bring whatever the FREE market will bear, i have a good idea mine will become LNIB very soon after i get it !!!!!

thanx on the heads up on the VN comm., so heres one to ya

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stokes says that only about 300 made it in the civilian market. That should push the price up just because of rarity, but not 20,000.00.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the 6420, the 6520 or the______________??

I don't know 'Stokes' but he's mentioned very favorably.  Probably wouldn't hurt to get his opinion here - after a determination is made as to which model.
----------------------------------------------

Cactus J., none of this crap matters except as an exercise in mental masturbation.  You got yourself one fine rifle and that's what's important.  A couple of dollars doesn't matter to you or you wouldn't have bought the gun.  (Never mattered much to me either when I was an active collector.)
Shoot the schit out of it if you choose.  LNIB weapons bring close to the same as NIB.  (Hard-core collectors and really rare collector firearms excepted.)

===============================================

you are right about the mind f#*k, but it become an obsession after i franticly went on a search for the 6420 carbine..., there ain't no sich annimal !! i found the 6520 Carbine, which i knew to be worth more than a plain 6420...., BUT !!! IF one did exist..., i wanted it, but none exist.....

yes i do have a very fine rifle & i do intend to use it, now that i got my wife those two VN comms.............

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
the photos you see here are of a Model 6520 THE ONLY Colt AR-15 A2 Carbines made, later models of the 6520 were marked "Gov't Carbine", there is no such thyng as a 6420 carbine...!! unless someone made one up & that still only makes it worth common pre-ban prices.., in fact putting a 6420 upper on a 6520 lower only reduces it's value.., THE one i am getting IS one of the rarest of Colt Carbines, others i have talked to, can not belive i got it that cheap !!

one other interesting fact, this model was originally slated for export, the last shipment never made it....!! i got one of those remaining behind, that is the model that only 300 or less survived & are in American hands !!!!!!

Neat, I just checked the box for my carbine it's a NIB 6520. Actually, it's a New In Safe 6520 with the box in my closet.. :)

Now I'll have to pull that safe queen out and see what the markings on it say.. whether or not its the "Govt Carbine" model. Hopefully, it's the rarer of the two... :)

BuLLet
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, pulled it out of the safe. Here's what mine says:

AR-15 A2
GOV`T CARBINE
Cal .223
SER. GC009XXX

CactusJack, do I have the rarer of the two??

I sure hope so.. :)

BuLLet
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Ok, pulled it out of the safe. Here's what mine says:

AR-15 A2
GOV`T CARBINE
Cal .223
SER. GC009XXX

CactusJack, do I have the rarer of the two??

I sure hope so.. :)

BuLLet

===========================================

is the label on the box Green ? or Blue ? does it have a raised fence ? is the lower blocked ? if so single pin block or straight thru ? does the block read "COLT" ?? check the photos in the "Celebrate the Fourth..."

the rarer ones have S/Ns starting around GC001xxx they are pre-ban......

even if your Carbine is not one of the rare ones you still have a fine weapon to be proud of......, it's a COLT !!!

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
LOL,

Good find CJ, you MUST have money falling out of your azz  HAHA

I hope you let me touch it,  I will be gentle.

Biggame223

Nice carbine.  I'll give you 20,000 lira for it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#33]
marvl,

thank you.............

but !! 20,000 lira...? not even if you add a few more zeros
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top